Sign in to follow this  
C.Smith

CSTools: Free C4D Goodies

ok so what is it ? are CS Tools working in R13 or not I am a newbee and could find where should i put CS tools in R13...can someone help?? Thanks

CSTools don't officially work in r13. Maxon changed the SplineData in 13 which broke a lot of the tools which use SplineData for animation and eases. So it may have wonky results at times. But , yeah they are just like any other scene: merge them into the scene you're currently working on and that's it. If it acts broken, it probably is :(

Guest Sao_Bento

Chris has mentioned previously that the new version will be done in collaboration with Greyscale Gorilla. if it is handled like every other thing Greyscale Gorilla does, there's not much chance that you will miss it.

The current status is there is no status really. I have to work on them in between my real job and suffice to say my real job has kept me slammed all summer. At this point it will be a personal victory if I get it out before the holidays. Nick has even asked me a cuppla times about them. They will definitely come out, but when, I'm not sure. I appreciate the interest. When they do come out, I'm sure Nick and the gang will definitely let the world know for sure.

If I wasn't doing AutoCam, I could get all my ancillery tools out significantly quicker, But I am resolute to finish the hardest thing I've ever attempted first then go back and pick up the other stuff and right now Autocam is my heart of darkness. It has a complete internal keyframing solution with a whole menu of very complex algorhythms that it interpolates between. To say it's complex is an understatement. I'm taking on the challenge of having it create camera movements as if a human did them perfectly with very little user interaction. It's a doozy.

Sorry for any delays, but I'm also not going to release it until it meets the expectations I have in my mind grapes for it.

Thanks so much for the update Chris. AutoCam looks like a work of art and it's the main reason I'm dreaming about getting to use the new CSTools. Animating a camera in Cinema with the ethernal bumps and overshoots is a PITA, and no matter how hard I try and refine the movements, I'm never happy with the results. The way curves and keyframing work in Cinema makes almost no sense to me, and I've been using it professionally since version 8. I'm pretty sure that if anybody is going to make it work as it should, it's you Chris. Looking forward to it. Thanks for your hard work.