Sign in to follow this  
Haley

Sweet Stock Motion and Stock Vectors

http://www.gomedia.us/arsenal/morestuff.php

This is an awesome Motion Pack of animating swirls and hoolander type designs. You get the AE files along with QT files. They also have some awesome vectors available.

HEY! those aren't so sweet... they are actually pretty lame... wait a minute... something tells me ur not a blogger with something cool to post u just work for Gomedia... ehhhh? MEEEEHHHHH!!!!?!????!?!?!

Guest Sao_Bento

At least they were cool enough to give out some free samples on http://www.vecteezy.com/.

I'm almost always confused by what stock image or footage places are thinking, but there must be a market for this stuff. I'm sure the content and quality is probably fine for people who buy this kind of stuff.

Agreed. Its amazing how many demo reels you see now with only

Video Copilot tutorials in it. As more and more of these come out you have to trust peoples reels less and less, and criticize more, which is a sad thing. Another element dumbing down the market. I actually heard "Nah, my editor can do that now" at the office today. Boo.

Edited by AromaKat

Guest Sao_Bento
my favorite moto: "We're not saving lives here..."

You're just not reading enough Bruce Mau - don't you know that graphic designers are the most important people in the world and our every move has a huge influence on everything?

As a fairly new motion graphics professional, I am amazed that people would want to use this stuff (especially in a reel!!). It is always interesting to view other peoples work be it for display or sale, but I can not imagine actually using work not created by myself and selling it to a client. I put a lot of time and effort into creating each element in my work and think it is satisfying (and sometimes frustrating) to keep it that way. I hope that this is something that will quickly disappear, but fear that more and more people will use shortcuts like this as the industry keeps expanding.

P.S. - - checked out the CGsociety link and I agree about buying space somewhere to promote something like this and not using the forum

Just my $.02

Sorry you all do not like the product. Some will find value in stock art and vectors and others will not.

I think it has more to do with the way it's being presented. If you're going to sign up for a group like this and immediately start posting ads, the VERY FIRST words in each post should be "I work for this place that sells cool stuff. Sorry for the ad, but we're trying to get our name out there. Maybe our product will be useful to some of you." To act like a third party is the kiss of death.

Cf

Velocity you are damnn right. I think they way you start to sell your products is completely wrong. I mean trying to create a fake profile and say " look that its cool...) its kind sad. We are all in the same field and we can recognize this kind of shit. But if instead that what do you think about creating a topic asking what we would like to buy? why dont get 3-4 people to get some feedback, why dont put more effort animating it in a way that nobody ever tried before? I hope you guys consider our comments something that push you. We are not trying to ruin anybody but you need to learn how we feel about this kind of merchandise.

The way you replied was even worse, something like " those guys dont recognize the "quality" of our products..." thats what im talking about.

You need to grow up a little bit and understand the point behind some harsh comments. You should apologize no try to make us feel bad to "dont understand" value in stock art(yours).

Im talking as a client, i bought some vectors from you guys before. So you could not listen me as a mographer but at least try to listen me as a costumer.

Peace dude.

hey Pablo bob,

I think you might have added your own venom to that 'quote' having gone back to read the reply from Hayley it's not that bad!

OK maybe not the right approach to introducing your product to market but do we need a public hanging?

let love reign supreme, come on every one group hug

Jim

Hey style!

Isnt about hanging anybody. But i think he lost a great opportunity to reply with some good feedback. And my venom is something that i use on all my posts. :) Im saying that in a good way sometimes i try to help but i feel that im too harsh. But i hope he understand what i was trying to say.

;)

Velocity you are damnn right. I think they way you start to sell your products is completely wrong. I mean trying to create a fake profile and say " look that its cool...) its kind sad. We are all in the same field and we can recognize this kind of shit. But if instead that what do you think about creating a topic asking what we would like to buy? why dont get 3-4 people to get some feedback, why dont put more effort animating it in a way that nobody ever tried before? I hope you guys consider our comments something that push you. We are not trying to ruin anybody but you need to learn how we feel about this kind of merchandise.

The way you replied was even worse, something like " those guys dont recognize the "quality" of our products..." thats what im talking about.

You need to grow up a little bit and understand the point behind some harsh comments. You should apologize no try to make us feel bad to "dont understand" value in stock art(yours).

Im talking as a client, i bought some vectors from you guys before. So you could not listen me as a mographer but at least try to listen me as a costumer.

Peace dude.

Sure, i probably should of said "hey i work freelance for this company and i just made some stock motion animations for them. They also are great illustrators and have some really cool stock vectors for sale too."

But i didn't... so that's that. I'm sorry you feel like i was trying to trick you or something... but i do think go medias stock art is cool, sweet, awesome and useful. Like i've said in other forums - some designers and artist will fine stock art/animations useful and other will not. Obviously, the animations are just stroke reveals and most professionals would probably not buy them. But for poeple who can not or do not illustrate i think the vectors and stock animations are a good option. So that being said - once again, i'm sorry you don't like the product or the way in which i presented it. And by the way pauloblob - you are an example of someone that would find stock art useful as you say you've bought vectors from go media before. So if we do the math and say you bought 1 hoolander pack for 14.99 -- then wouldn't you buy an animated hoolander pack for 29.99? Which essentially includes the entire vector hoolander pack but is animated to save you about a days worth of work? I think they are a pretty good deal and i am sorry you feel i hadn't presented the product truthfully. Once again, sorry to offend you all in this form. And for the record - i don't believe i said anything like "those guys don't recognize the quality of our products". i said some will find value in stock art(any stock art in general) and others will not.

Edited by Haley

Got it Halley! No worries. They are kind cool. But you know what to do next time. I dont want to act like Mr "knows everything". But i think more like an advice. You know what i mean.

I really believe next release will be a waaay better then this one.

I'm waiting to check it out.

Sorry if i was someway harsh but thats me. :lol:

peace man

Edited by PauloBlob