Sign in to follow this  
zook

Crediting clients on your website

I received a phone call from a client that had been (for some reason) having a good old nose around my website.

After pointing me to a clip in my reel and asking me "why didn't you put that effect in the job you did for us recently?", they then said they wanted me to point out some of the work I feature on the site as done for them, not directly for the end client.

It's not an unreasonable request I suppose, but how do other mographers deal with this sort of thing?

It is always worth crediting everyone involved in the chain that gets you the work - even if you don't feel their input was helpful. It's never worth falling out with a client, even if you have sworn that you will never work for them again!

it's probably a good idea, both for your best interest, and ethically, to credit them as "studio" or "agency", which allows you to also include the "client" credit too.

Sometimes those calls suck. But at least you weren't talking to a hot-headed client unreasonably threatening to get his lawyer to serve you over that.

As the others said, just please them by doing that so they don't continue to get their panties wet.

Edited by Solo

Yeah, the credit will go on as they are a good client, and I don't want to loose them. I'll probably rethink I present some of te work I have done.

Thanks!

zook