Sign in to follow this  
flow

motion design in canada!

now my girl got accepted at vfs.com ... i'm really happy for her ... so i'm thinking about moving to vancouver as well ... i did a litle bit of research here on mograph.net and found out that there are'nt many places ...

would be very glad for any hints or recommendations!!!

thanks

flow

True, there isn't much in Vancouver, most of it is VFX work. Even the mographwiki page gives Vancouver too much credit, Frantic Films doesn't do any motion graphics in Vancouver, only VFX, the only mograph they do is here in Winnipeg.

coming from NYC you will be very disappointed, well on the work side. Quality of life(if your into outdoors and shit) you love it. Can golf in the am and snowboard in the afternoon.

I would say...build mad relationships right now in NYC so you can work remotely with them from vancouver. Only real way to work on quality projects and make decent cash.

I left vancouver for London 6 months ago...and I will only be going back to visit not work.

Edit*

oh EA has a mograph devision theres a guy named Seth that will probably read this post in a bit...he works there.

decent cash...not sure the shit he works on though.

Edited by rykke

Hey Man and welcome to vancouver,

yah EA has a motion division but there are also other smaller game companies that do the same thing, next level and action pants are the ones i can name off the top of my head. There are also a few companies that do real estate that are hiring motion graphics designers. But if your thinking of a little shop there really isn't much. It's true that there is alot of vfx work though. The embassy is hiring a 2d designer right now.

I hope this helps.

cheers.

what program is ur girl in?

Yo Flow that is funny. I was considering moving to Canada too. Especially Vancouver. After watching Sicko I just want some free health care and affordable rent! So maybe the change in work/income makes a lot more room for personal work and quality of living. Plus your gal. Let me know what else you find out about Vancouver, I'll be checking this post often. Thanks everyone else for posting the company info. Pizzles