Sign in to follow this  
Duder

Bridge CS3 doesn't play back FCP exported QT files

Everytime I have shots allocated in the Bridge viewer, it will not playback self-contained QT files which were exported from FCP. It will however playback direct captured files. Right now I have to double click on each file to open QuickTime and play in there....it only shows the first frame.

Any ideas? All these files are for importing to AECS3

Thanks dudes

Hey Eric, thanks for the reply.

I used Media Manager to export a timecoded video track, and it split it out into many files.

The icons on these files look like this instead of the normal bluish QuickTime movie icons:

picture1ls4.png

Guest dumbo

for final cut movie files, right click the file, get info, open with: quicktime player (change all)

then open bridge and all you final cut movies will play in bridge.

Since those files don't retain the .mov you can manually input it then at least it's there for you if you later need to preview it.

The extension is still .mov, though.

for final cut movie files, right click the file, get info, open with: quicktime player (change all)

then open bridge and all you final cut movies will play in bridge.

I did that, but it still shows only the first frame and no play/stop icon in the preview window :(

The extension is still .mov, though.

I did that, but it still shows only the first frame and no play/stop icon in the preview window :(

Are you sure the extension is .mov? FCP saves files without an extension, but with meta information to let programs know what type of file it is. Lot's of programs don't use the meta information, so you have to find the file and manually type in .mov after the filename. I've had to do this with both Shake and Motor now.

You are correct, there is no extension....just checked again. (Doh!)

Just changed the extension to one of the clips and Bridge does recognize it as a clip now...how would I change the extension to 140 clips???

Here's how the info bar looks after doing what Dumbo suggested:

picture1oh8.png

Anyone have a clue what to do in this situation? That is instead of adding a .mov extenstion to hundreds of files, what else can I do? Should I report this to Adobe?

Havok, I talked to a coworker who told me that Bridge can do batch extension changes for you. You just go to Tools, Batch Processing, select a folder, and then under Filename Changes, choose an operator called something like Change Extension, and then go from there. I hope this helps.

Hi Havok

Look into this software to automate your file extension changes. You can install it on your XP portion and try it out on a few files first and test the results in Bridge. Post your results here as I haven't tried it but would like to know how it turned out.

Good luck

http://www.sobolsoft.com/renamefile/

Thanks, although I was looking for an OSX solution, I will look into this.

Havok, I talked to a coworker who told me that Bridge can do batch extension changes for you. You just go to Tools, Batch Processing, select a folder, and then under Filename Changes, choose an operator called something like Change Extension, and then go from there. I hope this helps.

Hey that worked. Thanks for the heads up....unfortunately Bridge still refuses to see beyond the first frame even after I added the .mov with the batch renamer. Only extensions renamed manually show up as video in Bridge.

and can you rename files with automator too...

Will give this a try as well. Can't believe Adobe has this problem....