Sign in to follow this  
KGB

Post a picture of your workspace/studio

You work at a studio Redesign?

Now I do, I left news two months ago to work for a post house. That was taken on my last day at the station. My current set up is not as sweet as previous... but i also don't work crazy hrs...

Damn, all pretty nice work-areas and decent hardware. Wish I had the same stuff.

At my daytime job, I have a decent desk, but crappy equipment: 2 buggy pc workstations with each an 20inch lacie lcd and no speakers! At home, the room kinda sucks but at least the hardware is a bit better (a macbook pro, a 'soon-to-be-replaced-by-a-mac-pro' pc with a dell 24inch lcd).

Working hard to improve my own setup! :)

here's my office. I moved the crib out to take the pic. :)

p.s. that Photoshop merge feature works really well, just select four pictures and *viola*!

Looks like it has a nice vibe mono. You need more black PCs though :blink: . Love the Condorman poster. I loved that movie when I was a kid.

Looks like it has a nice vibe mono. You need more black PCs though :blink: . Love the Condorman poster. I loved that movie when I was a kid.

I dig your game room, and I see a pretty plush lounge in the back! That is some serious hardware. Looks like 2001.

The black boxes are my render sheep, and they all connect via a KVM so I can do lots of renders and tweaks simultaneously. When they are all fired up they heat the room in the winter (seriously).

The Condor Man poster is a throwback to my childhood. I LOVED that movie growing up.The villian was my hero with his crazy Porsche and a chrome eye. I misspelled his name (Morovich) when I was six and I haven't been able to shake it since. :)

I switch between the 3. I get more work done in some more than others <_<

Workspace.jpg

Damn C.Smith is that your home setup in the first pic? that is the shit, so clean and nice. This is the winner!

I dig your game room, and I see a pretty plush lounge in the back! That is some serious hardware. Looks like 2001.

That's just the couch in my office. The lounge out in the main room is a lot bigger ;)

The 4 mointors are attached to a rack mount in the other room with a few Macs, and the Avid DS system.

My soccer team when i was in 4th grade names themselves "The Condors" after that movie. I haven't seen it in eons, but I remember the car chase being the best scene where the gypsy truck falls away and becomes the Condormobile.

Was that the same actor that was in Greatest American Hero?

Damn C.Smith is that your home setup in the first pic? that is the shit, so clean and nice. This is the winner!

No, all of it is at the office. The first is my actual office where I do my real job. The second is the "post room" where I do most computer type work and obvioulsy cut spots. and the third is the setup I have tucked away in the server room behind all the racks in the dark for my sanity.

My home is just me sitting on my couch working on a laptop usually working on CSTools while watching TV with my permanent lady-friend and son.

Mono, where is your place located?

Here are some photos of my workstation. Well, its shared with one other artist here. We each have our own rack and one shared rack of all video decks for capturing, encoding, etc (Rack 3 in photos). All of the computers are networked together for render farming, giving us a total of 32 nodes. We each have two "main" custom built workhorse computers in the cluster (a total of 4), which each have Quatro FX 3400s, Dual Xeon 3.0 dual core proccessing, 4 GB of ram, and a 4 TB raid array. The rest of the machines (render cows) are basically just OEM pentium 4s with 2 GB ram each. Rack 1 is the one I work off of, and rack 2 is the one my co-worker works off of. I apologize for the poor quality of photos my phone spits out.

desk.jpgrack1.jpgrack2.jpgrack3.jpg

!some real plaisure O:) how many time do we spend in thouse corners !

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡