Sign in to follow this  
KGB

Post a picture of your workspace/studio

Hey Stubbs, how do you incorporate the roll of toilet paper into your mograph workflow?

clients wants those flowing 3D banners:

1. stubbs takes HDV cam, roll of toilet paper plus the fan you see on the table.

2. shoot away

3 ???

4. Profit!

or sometimes you have this "urge" yaknow, when everybody else left the office and you're alone with the internets on the tips of your fingers...

1. stubbs takes HDV cam, roll of toilet paper plus the fan you see on the table.

2. shoot away

3 ???

4. Profit!

or sometimes you have this "urge" yaknow, when everybody else left the office and you're alone with the internets on the tips of your fingers...

LOL

Here is my workstation at work.

IMGP3536_2.jpg

Nothing exciting here.

I'll might post some pics of the studio later.

Very messy at the time....Sorry.

And yes, I use an Apple keyboard with my PC :-)

1204911692_8ab1f115cb_b.jpg

Workspace Essentials

1. PowerPC Mac on left and Intel Mac on right (KVM switch is still not working right) :angry:

2. Graphics Request forms

3. 30" Flatscreen Monitor.

4. 18 hour bra...for when I need some support during those late night work sessions.

5. KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park poster

office.jpg

This is my home office, sadly at work I'm in a bland cubicle these days. We were in this cool historic building, a former railroad depot, with some of the desks in a refurbished dining car attached to the main building. We outgrew it though.

This pic is a little old...I've added some decks & new monitors and lost some old Mac equipment. Oh, and there's a crib now, too. I'm sharing the space with my little boy until the friends renting my basement get their house built. My dpsVelocity machine is stuck in a column in the center of the desk, below the monitors, with the top two DVD drive bays poking out. It's a neat desk design, actually. JBOD tucked down by my feet to keep 'em warm, Windows server in the laundry room.

Cf

1204911692_8ab1f115cb_b.jpg

Workspace Essentials

1. PowerPC Mac on left and Intel Mac on right (KVM switch is still not working right) :angry:

2. Graphics Request forms

3. 30" Flatscreen Monitor.

4. 18 hour bra...for when I need some support during those late night work sessions.

5. KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park poster

which KVM do you use for that 30"? I've got my 23" switching fine, but am nervous about the jump to 30.

I'm not using any at the moment. I've been waiting for my IT guy to get one that works in here for 3 weeks. Needless to say, I'm a bit cranky.

EDIT: Do not get the IOGEAR...it doesn't work with the 30". We got two of them before some tier 2 tech support jackass finally told us they weren't compatible. The one we're going to be getting tomorrow (???) is GEFEN. It is supposedly made specifically for the 30". I'll believe it when i see it. ;)

Edited by Firebetty

Crankier than usual you mean..

I'm not using any at the moment. I've been waiting for my IT guy to get one that works in here for 3 weeks. Needless to say, I'm a bit cranky.

I like how Betty included a picture of herself. No not the one carefully propped in front of the monitor, the one on the bulletin board top right.

Clearly:

- my black Sennheiser's are cooler then Sao's

- I have a much cooler mouse as pasto1

- My Shades are so much cooler then Firebetty's AND i have more water in my posh evian re-fill bottle then she has

But GOD DAMM IT( cartmans voice ) they all have OCTO's while i only have the power of FOUR intel horses to propell my trusty pixels thru the funky colorspace.

IMG_8725.jpg

2. shoot away

3 ???

4. Profit!

Obviously a roll of toilet paper is an indispensable - uhm - tool for every modern mograph artist.

But if you really wanna impress both clients and colleagues, with your exclusive collection of equipment, you should opt for a brand especially designed for film and tv professionals:

Motionpaper.JPG

Obviously a roll of toilet paper is an indispensable - uhm - tool for every modern mograph artist.

But if you really wanna impress both clients and colleagues, with your exclusive collection of equipment, you should opt for a brand especially designed for film and tv professionals:

Motionpaper.JPG

I can't tell if the brandname is named after death by StickyIcky OD or a Blissful Anus.

Clearly:

- my black Sennheiser's are cooler then Sao's

- I have a much cooler mouse as pasto1

- My Shades are so much cooler then Firebetty's AND i have more water in my posh evian re-fill bottle then she has

But GOD DAMM IT( cartmans voice ) they all have OCTO's while i only have the power of FOUR intel horses to propell my trusty pixels thru the funky colorspace.

IMG_8725.jpg

I'm honored that you chose to photograph your space while my space was on your monitor...My space within my space I mean..

Oh, and your shades, while cool...do not compare with mine. CHECK OUT THA BLING!!!

1206215709_a1a1d1dd34_o.jpg

Edited by Firebetty

man KGB can you post a bigger picture

Sure, can you guys recommend an image manipulation program or smthn?

Besides, large pictures are fun.

Can you guys find an unorthodox charging device in mine :-) ?

now...

Firebetty...when the hell are you going to post your picture in normal form :-)

We've all seen the following "renditions":

1. 98% cropped off

2. Stylized vector format

3. As a small photo in a photo

4. WoW character :-)

5. Behind a large pair of glasses :D

Time for the real thing....

Edited by KGB

I recommend Microsoft Word for all your image manipulation needs..it does amazing things with it's filters.

Do not be fooled by Govinda's comments..there is not a true or actual photo of me in that image. The one propped up is a postcard from some photographer, and my boss INSISTED that the girl in the photo was me. I disagree..I'm much cuter, and way more pissed looking. If you thought I was the woman on the 18 hour bra box...well...that would be closer.

You will see me when you get your midwestern ass out here for a meet n greet. No freebies.

EDIT:Actually...upon closer look...I am wrong. There IS a picture of me. it's tucked away on the side of my NTSC....here's a closer view.1206384399_c26e2a589c.jpg

Edited by Firebetty

+100 points for the KISS Meets the Phantom poster

I watched the original network broadcast of the KISS movie (and I even taped it). I was in 8th grade, and had already seen 2 KISS arena shows.

They ruled

Betty, i am not gonna start some wierd close up pic contest with you, pervert .

That said, i have to take one pic to show you why my glasses rock, its in the environment channel.

blingBlang.jpg