Sign in to follow this  
graphik boutique

_

Have you ever created a realistic fire effect in 3d or after effects?

I’ve found a lot of stock video of fire and firey looks but I’m not happy with em.

Check out what Imaginary Forces did with this fire

http://www.imaginaryforces.com/media_windo...mp;sHeight=1200

I don’t mind something hyper real either.

For example if you had a curly swirly ribbon in 3dimensional space and it was mapped with flame image as the texture and the model was translucent.... That may be a really beautiful and interesting hyper real version of a flame caught as a moment in time.

If you think you can help in this field, please email info@graphikboutique.com so I can give you visual reference to what I am trying to achieve.

thanks in advance

Ben

There's not a single shred of real fire in there, at least not that I could tell. Simply warped and distorted geometry mapped with incidence gradients. Oldest trick in the book.

Mylenium

There's not a single shred of real fire in there, at least not that I could tell. Simply warped and distorted geometry mapped with incidence gradients. Oldest trick in the book.

Mylenium

well do you think you can help if you know how to create well?

thanks

Ben

most realistic simulation of fire that i have seen comes from digital fusions particle generator. The other stuff that's on that vid does look like trapcode. I think there is a preset someone made of at trapcodepeople that looked like that first type of fire.

Edited by 2Dfine

That looks remarkable close to my tool "CS_Flux"(movie here). Although now I have to change it to CS_Form?

Download it in my sig and change the colors from the default pink and orange to orange and yellow. Then maybe stack a few on top of each other.

That looks remarkable close to my tool "CS_Flux"(movie here). Although now I have to change it to CS_Form?

Download it in my sig and change the colors from the default pink and orange to orange and yellow. Then maybe stack a few on top of each other.

The 'CS_flux' tool looks amazing. Woud you be interested in running some tests for me please. If you can achieve the results we are after then I can commision you for a set of transitions. Please email me info@graphikboutique.com if you can help, as there is more vis ref to show you.

thanks in advance

Ben

The 'CS_flux' tool looks amazing. Woud you be interested in running some tests for me please. If you can achieve the results we are after then I can commision you for a set of transitions. Please email me info@graphikboutique.com if you can help, as there is more vis ref to show you.

thanks in advance

Ben

No interest at all. But it would take you 20 seconds to load it and tweak the sliders. Or according to my web stats at least a few thousand people have downloaded it so there should be some helpers out there.

Here's a super quick stab at it with CS_Flux though:

FluxFlame.jpg

No interest at all. But it would take you 20 seconds to load it and tweak the sliders. Or according to my web stats at least a few thousand people have downloaded it so there should be some helpers out there.

Here's a super quick stab at it with CS_Flux though:

FluxFlame.jpg

so what program does this plugin run on, and where can I download it please?

thanks

Ben

so what program does this plugin run on, and where can I download it please?

thanks

Ben

Download where it says "Get CS Tools for C4D" in my sig. As you can imagine it's a tool for C4D, which I'm sure you have being a graphik boutique.

3dsmax plug 'fume fx' very good results.

http://www.trinity3d.com/store/FumeFX-p-1155.html

We just picked this up here at work.(Thanx to you and the link you posted :) )

I've just started figuring the system out, but it looks very manageable and the simulation times are very small.

Has anyone here used the plug-in?

Doesn't seem to be TOO many tutorials out there for this stuff...maybe I'll make some later(I got the accent, although its not as good as Myleniums :) )

Ahem.

http://mograph.net/board/index.php?showtop...raphik+boutique

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not making any judgment, and neither should anyone else really. I say that because I know how group dynamics get goofy prejudgmental, heavy on the mental, on forums. I post because a mod who didn't call it to attention would be derelict. Which I am, 99% of the time. Just not this time.

Ahem.

http://mograph.net/board/index.php?showtop...raphik+boutique

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not making any judgment, and neither should anyone else really. I say that because I know how group dynamics get goofy prejudgmental, heavy on the mental, on forums. I post because a mod who didn't call it to attention would be derelict. Which I am, 99% of the time. Just not this time.

Nice save Gov'

Hey! Good looking out!

I thought the name sounded familiar.

I thought he was sounding awfully creepy. Reminds me of the dudes on the Cow that don't want to do any work and try to con others into doing it for them.

Guest Sao_Bento

From the link Govinda posted:

"Interesting. They asked me to do the first project for free to see how well I'd work with them..."

Company name is Graphik Boutique of Leicester, UK. I believe this is his site: http://www.graphikboutique.com/. Today he's gone through and deleted (or had someone delete) all his comments from the board save one. Probably not a happy guy himself. . .

The best CG fire I've seen came from a fluid simulator.

For real real fire, shoot it.