Sign in to follow this  
funkyduck

Reel hosting service?

Is there service or website I can upload a rather large reel (50 megs +) so postential employers can view it? Paid or free, I have let numerous jobs go by because I couldn't send someone a link to my reel. I don't want a full website, mind you, just a hosting servicve... Thank you in advance...

Edited by funkyduck

1and1.com is pretty decent. They give you two domains for a $4.99/month Linux hosting package and plenty of space/transfer. Check them out.

seconded... their traffic tracking isn't too great, however. I just use Google analytics for that. Wordpress is quite simple to install on 1and1 too, if you are wanting to go that route.

How about all the video sharing sites. Youtube being the most popular and probably the least quality. Blip.tv and others:

http://www.dvguru.com/2006/04/07/ten-video...vices-compared/

veoh.com and stage6.com have the best quality imo.

Stage6.com needs the divx browser plugin thou.

Edited by shinjin

check out myidealhost.com. It is very reasonably priced, with a variety of hosting packages in different price ranges, and more importantly, their download speed is screamingly fast, allowing large quicktime files to load quickly.

A good thing to do is to visit the forums of these hosting provider's websites. See user reactions, see what other providers may be mentioned, what other providers are blacklisted etc. And you can check out the help section and see how quickly and helpfully the company responds to customer queries which is REALLY important next to up-time and bandwith.

In any case you shouldn't have to spend more than 10 bucks a month. I signed up with hostgator.com which is inconspicuous enough but has great customer support, 80 gigs bandwith a month for like 9 bucks a month and 99% uptime for me thus far.