Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kone

Back from holidays and magazine question

Guest Kone

Wahey! Back from holidays! Nice to see this place has picked up a bunch.

OK, on to my q. Now I know that everything I need is on-line and yadda yadda but I'd still like to have a nice mograph related mag to read. I've heard about Res, anything else out there?

Guest igorschmigor

I guess you don´t speak german but if you do there is digital production (www.digitalproduction.com). Nice magazine, very professional. Worth learning german just to read it.

Guest firemind

Speaking of German magazines, there's one called Lürzer's Int'l TV Archive which is a quarterly mag with DVD containing the best international commercials.

It's pretty steep (55 euros an issue :shock: ) but very goodlooking. Nice for having as an archive.

Guest firemind

Just got my order of RES back issues. The mag itself is 50/50 content & ads with a more lifestyle slant than I thought it would be. The highlight is most definately the accompanying DVD, which is great (although most of the video seems compressed too much). For 9 bucks not a bad deal.

Guest flowrez

I often buy the Lodown ... absolutely not about mograph, but all about lifestyle. The graphics are really great and inspiring... and it's cheap :)

What about Mograph books? any good sugestions?

I'd love to have a book about movie leaders with a little more then just beautifull images.

flo

Guest firemind

There's a bunch of mograph books out there, frustratingly most are without CD or DVD which basically makes them worthless. Watching some random frames on glossy paper pretty much sucks.

Having said that check out the Flips series of books, the best one so far was flips 5 ( http://www.gingkopress.com/_cata/_grap/flips5.htm ) 6 being a bit disappointing. I also liked http://www.gingkopress.com/_cata/_grap/idnpro02.htm

Guest Kone

I'll be checking out res as well then. I bought some Lodown books which wewre apparantly compilations of the mag. Nice stuff for inspirational purposes.