Sign in to follow this  
Guest I can't draw

Suggestions for After Effects 7.0

Guest pixel_pimp

Yeah they need a 3D world thing like in all 3D appz! 3D type would be slick! The ability to twirl down the keyframes in a pre comp. or have pre comp become something more that just a nested comp. It needs special functions to allow sub edits, changes, tweaks with out leaving your main comp. maybe porting all efx and stuff to the video card?

Edited by pixel_pimp

Guest SteveCo

A wireframe floor would be great as well as a little x/y/z thing in the corner telling you which way is up. After a couple complex camera moves it's really hard to know which way something is going to move when you change, say it's z position.

Also the ability to keep adjustment layers from photoshop editable.

And, on the subject of adjustment layers - have it so they don't have to effect every layer underneath. Often you want to constrain the adjustment to one or 2 layers. In photoshop you can group the layers together in clipping groups, the same should be possible in AE.

Guest Sao_Bento
screw up all the timeline weenies and make it node-based.  Real power.

55441[/snapback]

Real power for compositing only. That's not really the AE market. Try Fusion, Shake, etc.

The real potential lies in using both nodes and timeline, thereby opening up the render pipeline while not ignoring the flexibility needed in modern workflows.

Guest opus13

i think they just need to release it. v7 was scheduled for the 4th quarter, correct? they have 3 days left!

Guest pixelmonk
i think they just need to release it. v7 was scheduled for the 4th quarter, correct? they have 3 days left!

55497[/snapback]

if it's not ready it's not ready

Guest pixelmonk
Real power for compositing only. That's not really the AE market. Try Fusion, Shake, etc.

The real potential lies in using both nodes and timeline, thereby opening up the render pipeline while not ignoring the flexibility needed in modern workflows.

55443[/snapback]

heh it was a trolling comment to see which AFX people would scream at the thought of using a node-based architecture.

AFX in its current timeline workflow is damn easy to figure out for a newbie, as opposed to a node-based app like Fusion or Shake. I kinda doubt they'd ever shift from the current workflow format in an effort to keep the masses happy. Unfortunately that can screw over the thought of increasing functionality and efficiency. Macromedia has done that with Flash. status quo.

Guest clintvideo

1- Layer sets a la Photoshoppe

2- Decent audio support - ctrl-scrub sucks

3- Ability to animate text in 3D

4- Decent curves and/or the ability to keyframe x/y/z motion separately

5- Purchase every cool plugin ever invented and bundle it for free

I'm flexible on 5.

Cf

Guest Chinaski
yeah i got a sugestion...release that shit already!

55524[/snapback]

Maybe they're watching this thread, trying to see what else they should do... :unsure:

Guest JMSDigital
Maybe they're watching this thread, trying to see what else they should do... :unsure:

55552[/snapback]

thats too much to hope for.

Guest javier G
heh it was a trolling comment to see which AFX people would scream at the thought of using a node-based architecture.

AFX in its current timeline workflow is damn easy to figure out for a newbie, as opposed to a node-based app like Fusion or Shake.  I kinda doubt they'd ever shift from the current workflow format in an effort to keep the masses happy.  Unfortunately that can screw over the thought of increasing functionality and efficiency.  Macromedia has done that with Flash.    status quo.

55506[/snapback]

making things difficult to learn or use doesnt make them neccesarely professional.

it all depends on the market that the app is aimed for, macromedia flash was for web designers, and with mx 2004 they totally fucked up making a soft almost exclusively for programmers, ultra complicated shit for graphic designers. thank god they noticed and release flash 8.

Guest pixelmonk
making things difficult to learn or use doesnt make them neccesarely professional.

it all depends on the market that the app is aimed for, macromedia flash was for web designers, and with mx 2004 they totally fucked up making a soft almost exclusively for programmers, ultra complicated shit for graphic designers. thank god they noticed and release flash 8.

55594[/snapback]

Yeah I'm on 8 now, after taking a break from Flash since v5. I'm amazed how much they've been able to load in that program to make it easier to develop stuff more quickly and easily.

Guest basilisk

I like the idea of taking text layer animation effects into 3D space. Need to find some interesting dingbat fonts to generate interesting procedural animations.

I find it annoying that you don't get distance falloff as an option on lights (at least linear and inverse square would be handy). It would make lights a lot more powerful for compositing and 3D design situations.

Guest Beaver

How about a file system that just uses system folders like dreamweaver - so when you add files to your designated project folder, they automatically show up in AE.

I often have files organized nice and neat in AE only to remember that I've been grabbing stuff from 5 different servers and nothing is in the same place on my computer.

That would make my day. Again it could be optional, or you could have special folders for "remote" files that aren't in your project folder or something.

Guest Beaver

55552[/snapback]

I don't think that's too far fetched. Some of their most talented users post here. Being the AE whiners that we all are, you know they can come here to find out what's wrong with 7 when they do finally release it ;)

Guest Sao_Bento
I don't think that's too far fetched.  Some of their most talented users post here.  Being the AE whiners that we all are, you know they can come here to find out what's wrong with 7 when they do finally release it ;)

55982[/snapback]

Can't wait to hear the feedback on that “motion tween” keyframe assistant.