Sign in to follow this  
Ratbaggy

Renderfarms - external

Wondering if anyone has used and can recommend a Render-farm (online or preference for Asia Pacific region, specifically Australian) - though it can be elsewhere if they are reliable.

Will require 3ds Max and Vray.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Paul

Who? Wha? Is that Tom the DJ who used to freelance at V12?

Rendercore is pretty international...except try getting them to restart your render at 3am on a Sunday--ain't gonna happen.

Rendercore is pretty international...except try getting them to restart your render at 3am on a Sunday--ain't gonna happen.

Excellent. I was looking at Rendercore earlier.

Thanks people.

Yep! He is building a monster. Strictly for the C4D heads. Coming Soon.

Renderking In Florida is good, except he has a cable modem or something. 2K renders take a while to download.

Rendercore is in LA, but they seem pretty hardcore about their setup and stuff.

Edited by pixel_pimp

Yep! He is building a monster. Strictly for the C4D heads. Coming Soon.

Renderking In Florida is good, except he has a cable modem or something. 2K renders take a while to download.

Rendercore is in LA, but they seem pretty hardcore about their setup and stuff.

Renderking has recently upgraded its bandwith --downloads go pretty fast. 2K will probably take time--but he allows you to zip the files up. I also render straight to PSDs which brings the frame file sizes down considerably witout loss of image data. RK is C4d only at the moment--but Dann is adding VRAY for c4d as soon as its released.

I should also add his customer service is fantastic---I've had immediate email replies at 3AM on a Sunday when I needed help.

I think I've seen Render Rocket advertised on cgtalk ecently --dont know if they are max or maya.

Edited by JoelD

Yeah, Dann at Renderking rocks. I just finished a month with him. The poor guy, I think I ran about as many frames through as he'll allow in 25 days.

Yeah, Dann at Renderking rocks. I just finished a month with him. The poor guy, I think I ran about as many frames through as he'll allow in 25 days.

our files most likely crossed paths in Dann's ethernet cables then ;)

senor pixel_pimp told me about this thread...

yep its me... worked at v12, used to DJ. so whos you govinda? how do you know me?

and yeah, i have 22 processors at the moment. a serious upgrade will come with i have a proper automated website up, which im getting someone started on now.

for a year or so ive been occassionally taking clients for the farm - friends, people i know etc. decided id take it seriously once i get the website/scheduling, etc all up and running. :-)

i like dan, dealt with him recently.. dont want to compete with him. i think theres plenty need for cinema farms so that we can hit up clients with different needs... :-)

rendercore. that place is serious. and they use a render distribution app that is NOT c4d net. id rather keep a farm simple.. mac and quicktime friendly, and with maxon native software.

-tom

Ha, how funny that you're the Dan I met. I worked at V12 once on some lowly NBA crap, went to lunch with you and Ming, back when I sucked and you were working on some crazy Xpresso for a PGA golf graphic. Then I heard you went into compositing at Sony or something, was that right?

You mentioned Quicktime, which is also a coincidence because I know what you're talking about. If you're using Rendercore's proprietary interface, they won't let you render to Quicktimes with the 'save b3d files' option activated. That actually matters on some jobs (the deathly risk of rendering to QT on a farm is a little overstated if you can save your b3d files).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Edit: TOM, not Dan.

im the tom you met ;-)

i still dont know who you are.. your name? something? there were a few people around at that time.

and yeah i remember the pga thing.. that was my first xpresso foray

but sony, nope. never did compositing. mostly 3d mograph animation..

and yeah, i LOVE not having the server delete frames after assembly.. cause you can delete some bad frames, adjust your scene, and then re-render only the bad frames, re-assembling a fixed project. :-)

Ha, how funny that you're the Dan I met. I worked at V12 once on some lowly NBA crap, went to lunch with you and Ming, back when I sucked and you were working on some crazy Xpresso for a PGA golf graphic. Then I heard you went into compositing at Sony or something, was that right?

You mentioned Quicktime, which is also a coincidence because I know what you're talking about. If you're using Rendercore's proprietary interface, they won't let you render to Quicktimes with the 'save b3d files' option activated. That actually matters on some jobs (the deathly risk of rendering to QT on a farm is a little overstated if you can save your b3d files).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited by tomatomic