Sign in to follow this  
graymachine

The funny stuff thread

Wait... there was a time when Emo was good? :blink:

Yea before it was a genre, hundreds of thousands of ignorant teens learned about cutting, and before people called the noise of puberty stricken vocal cords a singing voice. So for 3 weeks...

Wait... there was a time when Emo was good? :blink:
Yea before it was a genre, hundreds of thousands of ignorant teens learned about cutting, and before people called the noise of puberty stricken vocal cords a singing voice. So for 3 weeks...

That's why I said it'd be funny to people who actually know the roots of it. There never was "emo" and the shit you're referring to has absolutely nothing to do with the Kansas scene of the late 90's. That's like saying all mograph is full of paint splats and ink. It's like saying reggae started in the US during the early 90's with lots of black and white check shit. It's close minded.

Anyway, the game is funny. If you don't get it, then that's too bad. Who doesn't like fat Heman? Or Jimmy Eat World removing their ovaries so they can make shit music and get rich off of it?

Guest spence

I didn't mean to get you all pissed off, I just thought Emo was a corporate creation based off of a combination of goth and pop-punk boy bands.

I had no idea it was a legitimate scene... in Kansas of all places

I'm not pissed, I just say shit a lot. And the emo of today is a corporate creation based off of a corporate creation of a once decent band, Jimmy Eat World. It's all their fault. And they threw in a couple babies from a goth/punk couple. It's actually more from the mid-west, but the better music came from the Kansas/Kansas City area. Whateva, at least we still have Wesley Willis music. Rock ova London, rock on Chicago!

www.yourscenesucks.com

For the newer crowd. This guy knows where it's at, and he makes money off of what corporate products these kids are. I like the hate mail section.

Always remember, whatever is popular at the time probably originated from a legitimate source.