Sign in to follow this  
nextexit

Photoshop gets a new logo

Hi Nextexit,

Thats not the logo for photoshop, but for photoshop express, a rich internet application build in flash. More about it here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/09/photoshop_expre.html

Yeah but from that same website the guy says: "I'm pleased to report that the Photoshop family of products now has its own logo and tagline: See What's Possible™."

Which to my understanding (and I might be wrong) means that this logo represents the entire family of photoshop products.

The press release says:"to represent this rich family of products, Adobe is introducing the Photoshop visual logo. This logo will soon appear in all Photoshop-related marketing, so keep an eye out for it."

Maybe I'm confused....Anyway on a visual note...doesn't this remind you of those ugly candy Microsoft Office icons?

Yeah if you go to Adobe's photoshop page, it's sitting there too. I kinda like the logo, but it's a weird departure considering the icons they're using currently. Makes me wonder if there are more of these to come. The speech bubble shape suggests they're trying to brand it as more of a communications tool.

Yeah if you go to Adobe's photoshop page, it's sitting there too.

On a side note: I want to kick all those people on the site who keep saying..."Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended"...who has time to say that? Get back to work slackers!

I'd also like you all to look at the "Production Artists" story....tell me how good the design is on their Sci-Fi Mystery show (circa 1994)

sorry, I'm baggin. Tired today.

Edited by Firebetty

is this a joke?! the whole web 2.0 bubble logo thing makes deer heads and growing vines seem positively fresh by comparison. i've never thought adobe had the best identities out there, but as a company that's very close to many parts of design culture, i'm kind of shocked that they would go in such a terrible direction.

http://www.brianoberkirch.com/2007/08/14/s...ooshy-logos-20/

web_bubble_logos.jpg

Edited by SermonOfMockery

Guest Sao_Bento

I don't think anyone's taken credit (?) for it yet, but I wonder if this was another in-house job. I have a hard time imagining Meta Design or those kind of places who've done Adobe packaging and logos in the past doing something like this. Personally, I feel like it's an extension of the whole direction Adobe seems to have taken in the past few years. It seems like whoever used to do their creative direction or design management left a little while back.

I have a hard time imagining Meta Design or those kind of places who've done Adobe packaging and logos in the past doing something like this.

yeah... i know he's not there anymore, but i'm imagining erik spiekermann's if someone suggested this direction...

On a side note: I want to kick all those people on the site who keep saying..."Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended"...who has time to say that? Get back to work slackers!

Umm you do realize that Adobe® forces you to say the entire name. In fact, per Abobe®, saying "Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended" will not fly. It has to be Adobe® Photoshop® CS3® Extended™. Learn The Rules™ before you speak on such topics.

And please note, the use of the new Adobe® Photoshop® Express™ logo in this thread is strictly prohibited by Adobe®. I think the moderators should consider closing it and deleting unless they wish to face a legal battle with Adobe®.

Guest Sao_Bento
Umm you do realize that Adobe® forces you to say the entire name. In fact, per Abobe®, saying "Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended" will not fly. It has to be Adobe® Photoshop® CS3® Extended™. Learn The Rules™ before you speak on such topics.

And please note, the use of the new Adobe® Photoshop® Express™ logo in this thread is strictly prohibited by Adobe®. I think the moderators should consider closing it and deleting unless they wish to face a legal battle with Adobe®.

I prefer to say it "PEESSSCEEESSSSTHREEX®"