Sign in to follow this  
serpentbird

Zbrush, C4D and Macs

I hear that Zbrush 3 will not run as fast on a Mac as it does on PC- I would like to know if I boot Windows on an intel mac- will Zbrush3 run just as fast as it does on PC- I would also like to know if there any issues with using Zbrush 3 and Cinema4d in conjunction with one another and if Maya is a more preferable program to use if integrating Models with Zbrush 3- all help is much appreciated- thanks, STeve

Guest Sao_Bento
I hear that Zbrush 3 will not run as fast on a Mac as it does on PC- I would like to know if I boot Windows on an intel mac- will Zbrush3 run just as fast as it does on PC- I would also like to know if there any issues with using Zbrush 3 and Cinema4d in conjunction with one another and if Maya is a more preferable program to use if integrating Models with Zbrush 3- all help is much appreciated- thanks, STeve

Here's a better place to learn about the in's and out's of Zbrush/C4D integration:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47

I would like to know if I boot Windows on an intel mac- will Zbrush3 run just as fast as it does on PC

If you boot to windows via Bootcamp, you will get the full speed with the hardware can provide. There will be no diffrence between "pc" and mac.

Guest Sao_Bento
If you boot to windows via Bootcamp, you will get the full speed with the hardware can provide. There will be no diffrence between "pc" and mac.

Except the graphics card, which is a huge consideration for this kind of stuff.

ZB3 works just fine from Bootcamp or Parallels on its own. I didn't try to rotate a 6 million polygon object in my viewport however. The important thing with ZB is the pipeline out to other apps via displacement maps. The preferred pipeline for getting displacement to C4D was broken; as of release it was literally a matter of a button that didn't do anything when you hit it. I don't have the most current info, as I'm not on that Mac with ZB3 and Bootcamp anymore. I can just say that iirc the thing to look for is whether ZB has fixed the export of displacement maps. If you don't mind importing full, hugely dense ZBrush 'tools' into C4D, that's completely unaffected. Just make sure you read up on how ZB's various ways of creating UV maps.