Sign in to follow this  
Stablished

Easy Ease keyframes in C4D?

In your timeline view, go to the curves editor, select the keyframes you want to ease and right-click. On the menu that appears scroll down to 'spline types' and the eases (amongst other options) are all there.

I think i Got it. Thanks a lot. My preview looks a little better. But am i supposed to see an icon change for the keyframe though?

No, it's not like AE where there are different icons for different interpolation types. You will just see the F-curve itself be different. Basically zeroing or "Flatting" your curves at each keyframe is a basic Easy Ease.

If you select the key, in the Attributes window to the right you can un-check auto tangent and select zero angle. That will flatten your curves. Then drag away, or use the attribute window to type in the key's influence.

ohh...and not to beat a dead horse, but the curves in C4D are infinitely better than AE. Now that I think about it, the curves in every program I have ever used are better than AE. hmm...

(waits for someone to make excuse for the lamest graph editor in the world...)

No, it's not like AE where there are different icons for different interpolation types.

Actually there are, but the icons are a little ham-handed. Linear looks different than zero angle for example.

Actually there are, but the icons are a little ham-handed. Linear looks different than zero angle for example.

Aha! You know I've never noticed that. I almost always see just that bent curve icon I didn't notice they change. But now looking at that I noticed in the 'T' hotkey menu T9 is "EasyEase".Which appears at first glance to do the exact same thing as T3 "Zero Tangents" except that with T9, the parameter numbers are set whereas T3 the Zero Angle is set instead.

EDIT: trying to learn spelling

Edited by C.Smith

Good catch, never saw that, back atcha. But dude, to go further, that bit with the 'zero angle' is so confusing, no? Sometimes it won't toggle on/off, reducing you to actually using your mouse. Timeline is still a developing situation. It's been probably four months since 10.1, so it can't be long now before there's a 10.2 or some maintenance release to fix the very incomplete things and the restore the very important missing things.

Just thought I'd dredge up this topic from the good old days rather than star yet another thread - I'm looking for something similar to AE's life-changing Keysmith Script but for C4D - a UI that can set different eases. The default type is, I believe, 25% influence and 0 speed. I want buttons for 10% influence, 90% influence and a few inbetween. And definitely not expresso based. Does such a thing exist?

Yeah I saw that script a while back. I was thinking buttons that applied user-pre-defined settings but something like those sliders would do just as well. I don't want any of that extra stuff, there are other tools for that, just a way to alter multiple keyframe interpolation based on percentages rather than relative time. C4D's graph editor is great but I always think using number of frames to define handle length is less useful than percentage to/from next keyframe.