Sign in to follow this  
zook

Particles in following splines AE

I've got a number of different graphics I want to appear along a specified path. Is it possible to do this, or would I be better stiocking to mograph (please don't say TP or I'll cry)?

I could use particular but it only lets you use one layer as a source and I have, er, about 45 : )

I could use particular but it only lets you use one layer as a source and I have, er, about 45 : )

Wrong. Pre-compose, use the comp as a particle, use "split clip". Other than that your stuff is classical "follow the leader" expressions which can be found at Dan Ebberts' site a-plenty.

Mylenium

I always wanted to have a solution for this problem:

How to have a particle generator that would not random generate individual particles but linear:

Iwant to say this: to have particles generate a still frame of a sequence like 1-2-3-4-5.... but keep them in place of origin.

Like if you would make multiple snapshots of a movement over time.

Sorry to interfere with that question...

I always wanted to have a solution for this problem:

How to have a particle generator that would not random generate individual particles but linear:

Iwant to say this: to have particles generate a still frame of a sequence like 1-2-3-4-5.... but keep them in place of origin.

Like if you would make multiple snapshots of a movement over time.

Sorry to interfere with that question...

Then use the Spit-Clip function.

Say you have a 30 frame comp with your sequences in blocks of ten: 0-9, 10-19, 20-29

In the custom particle section, use "split clip - loop" and use 3 splits for the Number of Clips