Sign in to follow this  
SermonOfMockery

Fruitabu

i caught a commercial for these "organic smooshed fruit" snacks during Prison Break this evening- anybody know who did these?

http://www.fruitabu.com/

click on "the movement" and then "play video" or whatever- the site is slooooooooooooooow.

i wish the line weight wasn't so heavy on the cel shading, but overall i think these spots are great. the character design is top notch, especially the old man that says "fruit to the people!" or whatever. reminds me of the Robear Berbils from Thundercats: http://www.geocities.com/lady1venus4/thund...ds/berbils.html

so, who did these? and what's "smooshed fruit"?

and what's "smooshed fruit"?

Also known as 'fruit leather.' :D

It's like beef jerky without the beef, but with the ability to suck all the liquid out of your body through your salivary glands. But I bet you knew this if you thought about it. Uh, no idea who did the vid, but I loooooove that monkey.

best stuff everrrrr.

the smooshed fruit is organic, where as a fruit roll up made by general mills i think? is not. smooshd fruit still has some seeds in it. they have the smooshed fuit as a leather and as a roll. i prefer the costco box of rolls, grape, strawberry and apple.

i would have done the lines in another color, perhaps a unique one for each object- like, say, brown for the monkey, red for a piece of fruit, etc, and with a pencil-like line (like in jj & maithy's Pink Panther spot). i guess it's only a detail, but i feel like it would have made a big difference.