Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tread

How old are you?

Guest scottgordon

Well now that Milksac has led the way for the "old" guard...I'm 36...been doing motion graphics for 6 or 7 years...almost exclusively dvd menus - my wife and I have 3 kids, a house...but we have a nine inch nails sticker on our mini van.

Guest govinda

I'm here for you Scott. I just turned 40. Did a lot of other things before this, thank god. Environmental PR, biz school, options trader, ad creative, now designer / animator. Next up, cheese artisan. Oh, wait, my reel shows me already doing cheese.

Guest umbrella

23 out of school for 4 months now.. working at a nice nice shop in nyc.

learned AE about a year ago.. rckin all night since.

Guest devondelapp

23 out of school for 3 weeks now... rocking it in LA, looking for employment.

Designer for, gosh, eight years I guess since my first paying gig. Been doing the motion thing for about 7 months.

Guest I can't draw

26. Been doing motion graphics for 4 years. Kind of fell into it by accident, but I like it a lot. 2 years on staff, year and a half freelance, last six months on staff...

Guest Mr_Cookie

Ahhh..33 soon to be 34!

AE for about the last 6-7 years: freelance since 99', before that occasionally dabbled in motion grahics working in Premiere.. ooh that was painful!

Originally spent 3yrs as a print/flat graphic designer.. realised it wasn't for me. Got a lucky break at a TV Co.. The Creative Director (who I kinda knew)asked me if I knew AE.. I said 'no, but gimme a week and I'll learn it!'

Guest chibosa

just turned 30.

worked as a camera op, teleprompter, multimedia programmer, tech support/IT and for the last 6 years graphic artist at local tv stations. ive only recently been working on moving my work beyond the local level and thinking about making mograph a serious career. headed back to school for design in the spring.

Guest souzou

27... print/web designer for 5 years, went back to uni last year to do an MA in "screen design" (ie. motion graphics); just getting to the end of that now. Hoping to land a half-decent job so that I can pay off all the debt I'm now in...

Guest bennett

Hey parsonsprojects,

Chicago is one of the greatest cities on earth! PM me and I can tell you more if you're interested.

Guest Sivart

24, been working local news in Springfield, Missouri for 18 months working cameras, audio, and master control operator. Finished my degree in media production last spring and currently honing my AE skills to add to my Final Cut, Photoshop, Flash knowledge.

Guest nama rupa

30 going on 50 since I have currently been working since 10am and its now almost 3am. F@CK I hate deadlines! :x

Guest Palazzo

I used to feel so old now looking at everyone's ages i can proudly say I'm 25, been mographing for 2 and designing for 8 (profesionaly for 6).

I work with a 19 year old who makes me feel like a dinosaur !

Now I'm young again with a spring in my step. Thanks MOGRAPH !

Guest Meister

19, will graduate next sripng, c4d for 2 months, ae and illustrator for 7 months, been using fcp, dvdsp and photoshop for 18 months.

i'm in school for video production, but all i want to do now is editing and mographing

Guest billythedesigner

Hi all!

Cushy job working for new sports network in LA (that's been in existence for 1 year as of Thursday), doing daily graphics for a show.

After Effects/Lightwave3D (probably going to convert to C4D).

Doing AE for 2 years. Started designing web pages in highschool, went to school for graphic design, but didn't really learn AE until I got working. Loving every minute of it.

Guest editsk8r

FIRST POST...

this site is great.

16 years old

1 year FCP

4 months AE

Sadley that is all... I also made some fast animations woth TOON BOOM STUDIO but don't have that software anymore:(