Sign in to follow this  
SermonOfMockery

Street Fighter 4 trailer

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/17/capcom-a...reet-fighter-4/

this is incredible stuff- hands down the best watercolor style rendering i've ever seen, even eclipsing psyop's work. love the use of color and subtle, moody palette. anybody know who did it? the camera movements and animation are really great, too.

Yeah... Can't say I was that impressed, although its hard to say at such low res. Some clever techniques no doubt, but I thought the layering was rather crude in places... mixing ink-in-fishtank with photoshop-drybrush-filter with machinima with ink-splats.... uuugh.

Give me Psyop any day. Although I hate that coca-cola crap they've been doing of late.

Edited by Steven Kirby

Gotta go with mete_shop and Kirby on this. Very good, but much of it felt very "3D" (in the bad way).

The camera work was fantastic and the timing of the outro was as epic a climax as I have ever seen, but the quality of the render was nowhere near as tight as psyop. I felt like I was watching 3D through an organic treatment... as opposed to an organic 3D treatment.

-m

This has to be the climax of using inksplatters in mograph. Cool technique perhaps a bit tooo much inksplatters for me.

Probably perfekt for the targetaudience.

Awesome work with the cam.