Sign in to follow this  
stranger than fiction

A slow shutter speed of several ...

Hi mograph!!! I m working on a project which involves a lot of the slow shutter speed effect like the one that is used in the Madonna ray of light ( at the end ) video.

I know that in that video they were actually using footage that was shot in the streets at nigth with all those cars runnning side by side with the lights turn on. I wonder

if there is a way to get the same results in after effects. Im aware of the great creative cow tutorial from the Andrew Kramer:

http://www.creativecow.net/articles/kramer...nano/index.html. And i also think that it could just be a matter of animating strokes starting an ending and puting the camera in the right angle. But i want to know which way would you take.

Thanks in advance!

Stranger Than Fiction.

I think it would be hard to beat a modified version of Kramer's method. Track your objects that are supposed to smear and apply that to the Particular emitter. You could also mask out the part that's supposed to smear (taillight for example) and crush it with levels and make it B&W and use it as the custom particle shape.

Edited by C.Smith