Sign in to follow this  
Beaver

Atlanta People

Represent. We used to have a big presence on this board before some of the major players moved away. Maybe we still do and we haven't met yet. Maybe we don't and this thread will die a slow painful death slinking down the forum into oblivion. Even if you're just been lurking, sign up and say hi.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm in the Emory area.

ahh.. memories..

I used to live in ATL about 3 years ago.. then the market sort of dried up for full-time work, and everyone only wanted temporary contractors.. at least from what I experienced..

I ended up moving to Chattanooga as an art director for a TV station up there for about 2 years before jetting out of there..

now i'm 1 year into living in Houston, TX.. and loving it so far.. lots of similarities to Atlanta.. but the mograph scene here is TINY.. at least that how it seems to me..

good times though.. used to call Midtown/Downtown my home-base.. (Right across from spaghetti factory on Penn Ave. off of Ponce)

how has the scene changed there? more work for full-timers? or still mostly contract and independents? as I recall.. I took a look back at Atlanta before I moved to Houston, and the pay scale for work in Atlanta was still pretty low compared to what other cities are offering..

ahh.. memories..

I used to live in ATL about 3 years ago.. then the market sort of dried up for full-time work, and everyone only wanted temporary contractors.. at least from what I experienced..

I ended up moving to Chattanooga as an art director for a TV station up there for about 2 years before jetting out of there..

now i'm 1 year into living in Houston, TX.. and loving it so far.. lots of similarities to Atlanta.. but the mograph scene here is TINY.. at least that how it seems to me..

good times though.. used to call Midtown/Downtown my home-base.. (Right across from spaghetti factory on Penn Ave. off of Ponce)

how has the scene changed there? more work for full-timers? or still mostly contract and independents? as I recall.. I took a look back at Atlanta before I moved to Houston, and the pay scale for work in Atlanta was still pretty low compared to what other cities are offering..

I moved in about the same time you left I think. I spend over a year full-timing it then went freelance. When I first moved there definitely weren't many full-time positions available, I think I just got lucky. Now it seems like things are starting to turn around. Like I said before, a lot of talented people have left, and it seems like there's high demand for experienced mographers and not many people to fill that need.

I'm ex-Atlanta as well, but still syphon the majority of my work out of that market, and try to get back down there at least once a year. So, I don't officially count as Atlanta mograph but I'm there in spirit.

Favorite Atlanta moment: Stealing some guy's car about a block north of The Big Chicken.

I'm down by the airport(hapeville ITP).

keepin it greasy.

Beav speaks the truth. A fair amount of work, not that many freelancers.

Andy PM me your reel/contact info, we dont have a huge pool of freelancers to pull from.

Beaver, get a ps3 already. Chris refusing to do oldschool WC3 is killing the dynamic.

Hey guys... has it really gotten that bad, I was thinking about moving there... might have to go more in-house corp stuff. I'm a recent scad grad in broadcast design. working at a local tv station here in charleston (for now ) and freelancing on the side. I thought it would be a better market?? any alumni still around?

Was in Atlanta for 5 (2000-2005) years...did a stint as Art Director at WXIA...left for for two years ( LA, NY, FL )...came back a year ago...and suprisingly...live down the street from The Big Chicken...nothings happened to my car...yet

Dean

Forget stealing a car. If I was a thief in Atlanta now, I'd be stealing water. Today it's the govenor praying for rain, tomorrow it's the tarring and feathering of the criminals, next week the Atlanta rapper crowd starts being seen with Evian instead of liquor.

"Aight so dis be my fridge, In it I got some, ham, some leftover chicken from my moms, and yea, you guessed it EVIAN. Thats how I roll. i drink my water, like it was crystal man. Thats how you roll when you go double platinum."

i frequent the atl about once a month, mostly for filming and hanging out with some viz peoples. rustyace, nc raise up! i'm in greensboro

sweet more mographers do exist out here.....on a random note, my sister goes to college at uncg