Sign in to follow this  
graphic_display

gregthedude's first MOGRAPH reel

Good first reel. I think you could maybe sit on some of the resolves a little longer, like on "Brandy & Mr. Whiskers." I think it's nice to have a little energy on the ins and outs of your cuts, but when you're cutting from one transitional moment to another without any actual content, it's a little harsh. On the other hand, usually people to sit on stuff for too long and make their reel drag, so it's a good problem to have. Probably the most offensive thing to me is the use of shine on the pocket knife. It seems unnecessary. Later when you're using some shine (i'm guessing) in the eli stone title the effect is contributing something to the comp and looks fine, but not in the pocket knife.

The intro/outtro was pretty fun with the haircut. Studios like to see original stuff like that in a reel. I think the intro could have been improved by making your graphical elements interact with the footage a little... like you do later on with the city scene / technical graphics.

Anyway, that's my 2c. Good work, looking forward to seeing more.

don't put fat girls on your reel!!!

I like the fat girl.

Reel's nice, the editing is smooth. It could probably be cut down though. It's a bit long I thought, some things could be taken out that would make the reel a lot stronger.

Question though, why have you been working in motion graphics for 2 years and this is your first reel? That's crazy talk..

I like the fat girl.

Reel's nice, the editing is smooth. It could probably be cut down though. It's a bit long I thought, some things could be taken out that would make the reel a lot stronger.

Question though, why have you been working in motion graphics for 2 years and this is your first reel? That's crazy talk..

thanks. your right. there are a few things that could be taken out. for the first year i was mainly doing production work. i had a reel but it was mostly other people's designs. i consider this my first reel since most of it i both designed and executed.

Edited by graphic_display