Sign in to follow this  
hotbuttertrucker

10-bit uncompressed viewing in FCP and QT

I have a project I did a year ago that was captured into FCP as 10-bit uncompressed footage. Recently, I upgraded to Leopard, upgrading QT(pro) in the process. Now I get a white screen when I try to play the video in QT otr FCP, but the audio works.

I used an old machine as a work around for now, but kinda baffled that this would be a problem. Anyone else run into this?

I have a project I did a year ago that was captured into FCP as 10-bit uncompressed footage. Recently, I upgraded to Leopard, upgrading QT(pro) in the process. Now I get a white screen when I try to play the video in QT otr FCP, but the audio works.

I used an old machine as a work around for now, but kinda baffled that this would be a problem. Anyone else run into this?

is it possible that you had a Blackmagic card in your old machine and you were using the Blackmagic Uncompressed 10 Bit codec ... it happened to me once!

is it possible that you had a Blackmagic card in your old machine and you were using the Blackmagic Uncompressed 10 Bit codec ... it happened to me once!

that sounds about right. or another codec perhaps. if after effects or quicktime doesnt tell you what codec is used, you can send me a snippet and ill see if i can open it. - using blackmagic here.

Might want to download the BM codecs here:

http://www.decklink.com/downloads/codecs/B...c_Codec_OSX.zip

Install them and restart, see if the video plays now.