Sign in to follow this  
michaelmarcondes

Cinema4D Ultimate Learning System | VOLUME 5

Hey everyone!

You are going to love this!

A new Volume for the Cinema4D series about Rendering Techniques!

Volume 5

It is gorgeous!

It is available now at the cmiVFX store and ready to run.

000.jpg

Click on the image for more info.

Enjoy!

Michael Marcondes

Edited by michaelmarcondes

I'll buy it, sure, it is great learning, but only if you do chapters in your video player, because it is a real pain in the ass.

I like to watch small bits of learning, when I need it, not to watch the whole thing every time...or waiting a 600megs load...

A download option would be even better, but I imagine you are too scared of piracy, I can understand that, but the client who pays should not be the victim of this.

I'll buy it, sure, it is great learning, but only if you do chapters in your video player, because it is a real pain in the ass.

I like to watch small bits of learning, when I need it, not to watch the whole thing every time...or waiting a 600megs load...

A download option would be even better, but I imagine you are too scared of piracy, I can understand that, but the client who pays should not be the victim of this.

I agree. The fact that it's streaming video is a big turn off for me. Plus the fact that most here seem to think the training is only so-so.

Edited by spirozero

Streaming is deep shit for videos that last 2hours and a half... :angry:

But don't misunderstand me, I bought 3 and 4 from CMIVFX, and I think it's good learning...

If you really want to learn from the start, buy a great book, like the one from Arndt von koenigsmarck :H

I've been checking these out for some time too, but the one thing that stops me . . .

is the streaming.

So CMI, if you're still reading this, please make some dvds I can buy or something.

Also, check out fxphd.com.

Their model for downloading passworded torrents is at least a step in the right direction.

I think streaming can be acceptable, if it's easy to access.

I mean, it's far easier and safer for CMIVFX to cut down the material (2hrs and a half lengh!!!) in chapters of max 15min, than to sell dvds...

For example, with my low end internet connection, I have to wait at least half an hour to watch let's say the third quarter of it.

The best option would be a downloadable rar with the video and the material, like videocopilot do and fxphd ! That's what I would do if I build some learning some day.

If you don't trust/respect customers, they'll not trust/respect you. I think fxphd and videocopilot are growing businesses with growing customer base, so the fear of piracy can sometimes cost you more thant piracy itself...

Hi guys,

I purchased some of these a while ago and have slowly been getting though them. For me, they have taught me plenty.

If your worried about streaming the whole movie, just skip the timeline along by dragging the play head. Its not that hard... really...

When you were last working, just add the timecode to your save file, and you can get back to it in no time.

R.

Hi guys,

I purchased some of these a while ago and have slowly been getting though them. For me, they have taught me plenty.

If your worried about streaming the whole movie, just skip the timeline along by dragging the play head. Its not that hard... really...

When you were last working, just add the timecode to your save file, and you can get back to it in no time.

R.

I noticed that this weekend, it has changed for the best !

It was not like that a month ago, you had to wait until the movie loads completely in temp to watch the end of the file.

And yes the learning is great. Michael Marcondes gives a lot of good tips, very pro.

I bought the first one, and although the material is good, I am so frustrated with the interface and lack of chapters that I find myself very unlikely to buy any more.

I understand piracy is a problem, my stuff is being pirated as we speak because of my choice to use Quicktime. But, rather than penalize those that are paying for it, I favor making it easy on the customer to download and view with chapters.

I bought the first one, and although the material is good, I am so frustrated with the interface and lack of chapters that I find myself very unlikely to buy any more.

I understand piracy is a problem, my stuff is being pirated as we speak because of my choice to use Quicktime. But, rather than penalize those that are paying for it, I favor making it easy on the customer to download and view with chapters.

I bought your stuff Harry, thank you, it was great. I apreciate alot your concern about customer service.

I have the same feeling.

I think they are kind of frustrated that nobody likes their player ;)

I think they believe it's the best player in the world ! :lol:

And they pretend it's for ecological reasons...NO MORE DVD's = NO POLLUTION... ;)

And they pretend it's for ecological reasons...NO MORE DVD's = NO POLLUTION... ;)

There is a huge HUGE difference in distributing something via DVD vs the web. It really does keep the cost manageable leaving something "web download only". Putting something on DVD has so much extra cost, not only up front in the printing and replication, but for shipping, fulfillment, packaging, and the labor to do all that. It can easily double the cost (and therefore the price) of a title like this.

So, I totally respect their decision to leave it online. But with it embedded in an awkward and chapterless streaming Flash player with my log-in watermarked at the top? Come on.. have a little respect for the customer, and faith in your product.

Hi everyone,

I also was very disappointed with Flash Player, lack of chapters, buffer issues and feeling for the money I payed I didn't 'own' the tutorials. I contacted Chris at cmiVFX and even though he was a bit difficult to work with - for an extra fee per tutorial - he sent me downloadable h.264 Quicktimes that look great. I think they should seriously consider this to be standard procedure and not having to beg them. Contact Chris at cmiVFX and get your tutorials.

Hi everyone,

I also was very disappointed with Flash Player, lack of chapters, buffer issues and feeling for the money I payed I didn't 'own' the tutorials. I contacted Chris at cmiVFX and even though he was a bit difficult to work with - for an extra fee per tutorial - he sent me downloadable h.264 Quicktimes that look great. I think they should seriously consider this to be standard procedure and not having to beg them. Contact Chris at cmiVFX and get your tutorials.

Yeah they really put themselves in a corner when they said it was for the environment. Now they can never send DVDs because it would suggest they no longer care about the environment.