Sign in to follow this  
butler

New macbook pros and mac pros NEXT WEEK!

with the suspected release of the new macbook pros and mac pros are you planning on getting one?? I am dying for them to be released and an going to get a macbook pro for sure. are you planning on getting either?

I wish I could, i may be ordering a few for my new employer, who to my regret, offered to send me to Macworld...after I agreed to post supervise on a project shooting the same dates.

I can't wait so see the barefeats tests with the new proccesors.

Guest Sao_Bento
I wish I could, i may be ordering a few for my new employer, who to my regret, offered to send me to Macworld...after I agreed to post supervise on a project shooting the same dates.

I can't wait so see the barefeats tests with the new proccesors.

I'll be there on Friday. I can't imagine anyone actually traveling very far to go to Macworld though. it's been so lame for so long. Seems like a big waste of time and money.

macworld=going home to sf for a few days, traveling like 6 hours total including to and from airport. Means I get to see family and friends, and it's all about the big Steve representing his posse.

Guest Sao_Bento
macworld=going home to sf for a few days, traveling like 6 hours total including to and from airport. Means I get to see family and friends, and it's all about the big Steve representing his posse.

That's cool. You had me thinking back to when people would get all amped up about Macworld and actually go to both Boston and SF. I guess it was different then. NAB is where the interesting stuff happens these days - and this year there won't be any Avid booth to get in the way of the Apple booth.

with the suspected release of the new macbook pros and mac pros are you planning on getting one?? I am dying for them to be released and an going to get a macbook pro for sure. are you planning on getting either?

IF they are released, I'm getting a Mac Pro. Have to wait and see what the specs are to decide on my config, but it's going to be packed with 8 gigs of ram. :)

NEW Mac Pro's at the Apple store!!!

EDIT: store is still down, go to apple.com to see the new goodness...3.2ghz proc, 32gb ram, 4tb internal storage, no Blu-Ray though...would've been nice.

Edited by a2visual

This is totally ruling.

But I must admit, the nostalgic in me pines for the day when they actually announced these things like they were excited about them.

It kind of added significance to the event, and the quality of the product. Now (and this eludes to the apple store posts), it's all about consumer handheld gadgetry, etc.

Which I totally understand, but, much like the future of Shake (if any), it lowers my confidence about the future of the pro line.

I mean, the iphone is great, but unless I can start running AE on it (hmmm), I don't give a shit.

NEW Mac Pro's at the Apple store!!!

EDIT: store is still down, go to apple.com to see the new goodness...3.2ghz proc, 32gb ram, 4tb internal storage, no Blu-Ray though...would've been nice.

Support for eight 30-inch cinema displays at once.........Gizmodo

Someone must have inside info to start this thread today...

So do I go for ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT or is there any real advantage getting the NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT (forget the quadro fx at £1700)

(Single screen setup using AECS3 and C4D 10.5)

So do I go for ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT or is there any real advantage getting the NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT (forget the quadro fx at £1700)

The 2600 is going to be fine, unless you want to do some heavy gaming on it?

Same here, dunno which to pick...

Same here, dunno which to pick...

What if you wanted to dual boot, and run your 3d apps on both platforms, as well as play some kick-ass games on PC

(not necessarily DX-10 Crysis stuff, but your basic COD4, etc)?

Which card do you think is best?

I was considering adding a DX-10 card in another slot for PC only, but that's back-burner pipe dream.

Also, not sure if Crucial.com have updated yet, but do these things take the same RAM as the previous Octocore? Crucial only have 2 GB chips, and I am not buying 4 GB chips from Apple.

These use new Ram that is clocked at 800mhz. Maclsaes.com and others will have to update and fast. The old models used a 1333mhz FSB and the ram was clocked at 667mhz.

If you want to do the bootcamp gaming this then go with the 8800, you will not be sorry. I know a few PC guys who game with this card, they even say it is good with Crysis.

man guess that means that keynote is for other more 'consumer' goodies, lame..kind of.

O well, looks like my friend who was trying to sell my company some new octo cores. but these new ones are 400 cheaper than he was selling (the 3.0) too bad for him

Guest Sao_Bento
man guess that means that keynote is for other more 'consumer' goodies, lame..kind of.

O well, looks like my friend who was trying to sell my company some new octo cores. but these new ones are 400 cheaper than he was selling (the 3.0) too bad for him

Macworld is always about consumer products. iLife/ipod/imac kinds of stuff. Apple hasn't announced a pro product at Macworld in quite some time.

I'm liking the internal changes they made to the case itself. The easier RAM loading looks nice, but they've finally gotten rid of one of my all time computing pet peeves; those damned tiny ass screws that hold the PCI cards in. If you've never wanted to jam your screwdriver through an engineer's head as your tiny screw falls helplessly into the guts of your computer than you cannot call yourself a power user.

I'm liking the internal changes they made to the case itself. The easier RAM loading looks nice, but they've finally gotten rid of one of my all time computing pet peeves; those damned tiny ass screws that hold the PCI cards in. If you've never wanted to jam your screwdriver through an engineer's head as your tiny screw falls helplessly into the guts of your computer than you cannot call yourself a power user.

yeah they got rid of the screws but the thing that now holds your PCI cards in place does a terrible job of it. they're all wobbly....for as much as I hate the screws I kind of miss them. Doesn't really inspire too much confidence when you have a $3,000 kona card installed that isnt totally secure.

This is probably one of the least significant speed boosts to the top end ever - we have waited a year for a 1.2x speed up?

I guess Moore's law is beginning to level out.

I am not really complaining, as I may get the new 3.0 model and save quite a lot of money, plus get a machine that is less likely to burn a hole through my desk.

yeah they got rid of the screws but the thing that now holds your PCI cards in place does a terrible job of it. they're all wobbly....for as much as I hate the screws I kind of miss them. Doesn't really inspire too much confidence when you have a $3,000 kona card installed that isnt totally secure.

Sure go ahead and spoil it. ;)

That's pretty depressing; something that would have taken 5 minutes of engineering time 12 years ago finally makes its way into the case, and it doesn't work. Sure we can make touch screen iPhones, but securing the end of a PCI card; now THAT'S tough.

Oh well, I'm buying one anyway.