Sign in to follow this  
Rothermel

Decoy

Just put together my first site. One page, with a reel and boards. Work from my time at Nike and Digital Kitchen.

Decoy.tv

check it.

ryan

Edit : I am now freelance, available for remote (seattle) and will travel to work wherever.

Edited by Rothermel

Really like the reel and nice clean site.

If I can make a tiny suggestion...

I'm really rusty, so maybe I'm remembering this wrong. In your stylesheet, instead of setting the #content margin to 88px, set the padding to 88px. This way, you won't have a horizontal scrollbar. (margin 88px = 100% + 88px, padding 88px = 88px within 100%)

Edited by isotrope

Really like the reel and nice clean site.

If I can make a tiny suggestion...

I'm really rusty, so maybe I'm remembering this wrong. In your stylesheet, instead of setting the #content margin to 88px, set the padding to 88px. This way, you won't have a horizontal scrollbar. (margin 88px = 100% + 88px, padding 88px = 88px within 100%)

too busy looking at the code to watch the reel properly eh!? :P

too busy looking at the code to watch the reel properly eh!? :P

I actually watched the reel a few times.

rothermel has a reel comprised of a level of quality that I will probably never achieve. I am unfortunately in no position to comment on, or rather, to criticize anything about the reel.

Personally, I think that the editing is super tight (haven't checked with audio on). I know someone else did it but it still represents him.

I think the boards show someone who can adapt to multiple styles and masters his creativity very well.

But I don't tend to give my critical opinions on other people's work because I'm not a professional designer/mographer/artist/in-any-creative-industry-person.

..that's why I made a suggestion about the code. Because that's something I actually get my hands dirty with from time to time and I thought it might help.

But yes, a PM may have been preferable. :)

awesome work!!! I really like the wide panorama style board format! Do you do that to so a scene pan better? Have to try that one myself! ...keep::it:up.stay.up

@pixel

sometimes i just like to do big boards, with little action elements that i can crop into. sometimes the client likes it. its always a gamble.

@sketchbook

what building were you in? i was in jerry rice.

I loved the converse logo animation. Is it hand animated on paper or any other digital technique?

thanks dude... its done by hand, with alot of digital effects on top to blend with their campaign of the 100 year anniversary. its super sped up in the edit, so it jitters alot. i might post alot of these projects as seperate items.... just as soon as i can make a more dynamic site.