Sign in to follow this  
rick

help with businessname

Hey Rick! i'll send you the bill for the creativity brief ! : ) No problem that's what i like to do! find ideas

Hope it works! tell me and show me !

Later.

about snye i think it's to complicated! ... i have a company once ... it was so complicated to spell the name for the emails!!! be careful, not good!

OSO is way better!

but i still like Just Pepper : )

Thats just the beginning, you better wait with the bill ;-) I will need more of your ideas.

I think i will stick with > just pepper < otherwise i will never stop chasing the appropiate name.

Now comes the fun part, the logo. As soon i have some concepts made, i will post it here for comments.

To all thx for your honest comments. It truly stimulated my thinking.

Ciao

Rick

just!pepper

How about: Lucid Interactive - Media Productions.Biz

But seriously: Branding & naming is very very important, but is at the same time dependant on what type of work you do, and how well you do it.

There is so much you automatically associate with a specific word, that the wrong choices can lead to having a horrible reputation without having done a minute's worth of actual work.

On the other hand, if you're doing top-notch work, your company can be called Ten Inch Rubber Cock Up Yo Momma's Black Ass. Productions (TIRCUYMBA Productions for short, and yes i just took the opportunity to swear a little) and nobody will bother.

Just stay away from the cliches. You owe it to yourself as a creative person, and that should be the most important motivation.

Nicely said parallax

I guess i have no other choice than just go out and try my luck, which i had to do already long time ago, but i was to busy finding the best name. And the 2 names posted here, were the names to go out and try my luck. But i'm happy i posted here!

I don't agree that the name is meaningless. It is something that thought should be applied to - show us you can generate a concept. However, the only real criteria I would say is fundamentally essential would be:

1) Keep it VERY simple. Easy to spell and remember

2) Makes sure you can get a meaningful domain name (The toughest part of this)

3) Make sure there isn't some fabulously talented group using a similar or the SAME name in the SAME industry...like I did. It sounded so perfect at the time :(

-gl

Guest Sao_Bento
3) Make sure there isn't some fabulously talented group using a similar or the SAME name in the SAME industry...like I did. It sounded so perfect at the time :(

-gl

You just need to embrace the ESPN timber sports series - be "PRO-LOG".

So where is my check ! and how about that NAME ! ??? Rick are you there? i'm building a house i need money !

Yeah, and where's my cut? You named it because we got in a conversation about my company, "Sugar".

My old event production company was called FIH Productions. FIH = Fuck Ing Hell. Even are most high end corporate clients loved it.

"Just Pepper" sounds good, I like.

Yeah, and where's my cut? You named it because we got in a conversation about my company, "Sugar".

No problem ... if he comes back to pay will split. How much for your Sugar!

Yes I like it Just Pepper ... Hope it'S a success

"Branding is not about a name or a logo. Branding is about telling a compelling story consistently." -Peter Cooke

Peter Cooke thinks you should name your production company "Joel Osteen Ministries". You'll be hotter than fish grease before you know it. Oh, maybe "Fish Grease" would work too.

Yeah i remember a thread on mograph making fun of the name Wii... hahaha

Also I hope you're not really going with the name "Just Pepper"

A lot of people are probably going to ask what it means, and what will you say? "Some other dude already had "Sugar" so I went with "Just Pepper"?

Or... my videos make you sneeze...?

"Oso" I can see working. Then you could use it like... "Oso hot! Oso sexy!"

Digi-Pixel-Lucid-Fusion Media Group LLC.

Just slap a globe with a lightnig bolt through it.

Dark grey and bright orange reverse out type.

And a stock photo of a light skinned african american woman with frizzykinky hair. Shes taking your call.

I don't agree that the name is meaningless. It is something that thought should be applied to - show us you can generate a concept. However, the only real criteria I would say is fundamentally essential would be:

1) Keep it VERY simple. Easy to spell and remember

2) Makes sure you can get a meaningful domain name (The toughest part of this)

-gl

100% agree here, especially on points one and two. See if you can get the url with a .com and not a .net or .tv

I would also add that it should be something generally positive without being saccharin.

In other words, I think it should denote a sense of creation but staying away from sounding sugary or twee-sounding

How about: Lucid Interactive - Media Productions.Biz

Ten Inch Rubber Cock Up Yo Momma's Black Ass.

yes i just took the opportunity to swear a little) and nobody will bother.

You owe it to yourself as a creative person, and that should be the most important motivation.

You know, this isn't your dorm room. You really ought to use a little bit of discretion when posting.

Not everyone in the post industry or motion graphics design world is a 23-year old male. Anyone wonder why there's no women on these boards? I'm not offended, it's just not not the place for this kind of purient remark.

Eagerly awaiting your kneejerk "take it easy, dude" reply

-bd

You know, this isn't your dorm room. You really ought to use a little bit of discretion when posting.

Not everyone in the post industry or motion graphics design world is a 23-year old male. Anyone wonder why there's no women on these boards? I'm not offended, it's just not not the place for this kind of purient remark.

Eagerly awaiting your kneejerk "take it easy, dude" reply

-bd

"take it easy dude" would hardly qualify as 'knee-jerk'.

Not everyone in the post industry or motion graphics design world is a 23 28-year old male.

I'm not offended, it's just not not the place for this kind of purient remark.

If you're not offended, then why reply. Ah yes, i see, to protect the innocent women and children.

If i wanted my repy to be knee-jerk, then i would've told you to get off you high horse, and stop lecturing other people, you smug prick.

See, that would be knee-jerk.

You really ought to use a little bit of discretion when posting.

I think you may be in the wrong forum ;)

If you like your forums filtered, THIS may be better for you.