Sign in to follow this  
dpi

airplane - how to? 'wonder emporium'

Hi,

Just how on earth do I make a plane ... similar to this? (animated in after effects)

Please see the attached link:

http://www.motionographermedia.com/reelfx/...eningTitles.mov

I'm confused on how to have it looping in a similar way. Is it a drawing, was any 3d software used?

p.s. Any similar styles of work - links - would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dpi

haha.

you need zaxworks to make paper airplanes.. i know the guys mom who made those titles and this is what she said he used. http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ok...on/3d_warps.php

not really :blush:

i'd say you could achieve similar results with 3d layers in after effects unless you're talking about something that i'm not. just use solids or a lined paper texture, mask out some shapes and hit that fancy 3d check box on your layers. then just rotate and position em til you have a nice shape. then its on to the crazy world of bezier motion paths.

is that what you're talking about or am i way off? elaborate s'more if i am.. might not be reading into your question enough.

here you go my friend. i made you a little file to examine. you will need trapcode particular to properly view this.

haha.

sorry, this is the kind of stuff i do when i'm bored and overtired.. instead of being productive.

but seriously aside from all the funny funny there should be some answers for you in here. i spiced it up with some magic for you.. but the basics are there also.

lol. :H

http://www.kenfinney.com/0117magic.aep

*edit* if you have any serious questions just let me know.. or if you just want to call me an asshole, that's fine too.

Edited by rubbersquirrel

I just asked my homie at ReelFX (The creators of that open) about the plane. He just said, "They originally modeled it in 3D but ended up remaking it in 2D for the right look". Don't think that helps much, but thought I would pass along.

Nice open by the way you could tell that to your homies C! Good work ReelFX!

I did already. I didn't know they had worked on it till this thread. We don't talk shop that often.

THANKS LOADS for all the replies :H

*C.S.Smith *rubbersquirrel* *Self_90* & *thekinginyellow* in no particular order ;o)

I'll reply again after I've had a go trying to make it ;)

In the mean time if anybody cracks it... please let me know!

xxx

Really, really appreciated sorry for my rubbish late reply

Edited by dpi