Sign in to follow this  
viana

shilo glows and flares on their music videos

i was trying to get a look and feel similar to this

video

but i don't if i should invest on a knoll light factory or other out there, or if it is just brushed PSD's and a bunch of gradients animated.

please advice.

thanx in advance

best

Ricardo Viana

i was trying to get a look and feel similar to this

video

but i don't if i should invest on a knoll light factory or other out there, or if it is just brushed PSD's and a bunch of gradients animated.

please advice.

thanx in advance

best

Ricardo Viana

They are definitely using Knoll because it's infamous 'chroma hoops' are in there a bit. But even if you're just using grads, it's still easiest to use Knoll and just make a preset with all the lens artifacts turned off. So you're left with the original ball of light with maybe a small element or two. WHen I use flares, I render out the elements separately, so I can re-mix them and recolor them on my own outside of the preset.

They are definitely using Knoll because it's infamous 'chroma hoops' are in there a bit. But even if you're just using grads, it's still easiest to use Knoll and just make a preset with all the lens artifacts turned off. So you're left with the original ball of light with maybe a small element or two. WHen I use flares, I render out the elements separately, so I can re-mix them and recolor them on my own outside of the preset.

Many thanx C.Smith i was afraid of spending the money on knoll with no use.

You're a smart man. I shall be your e-apprentice.