Sign in to follow this  
kitkats

Mac OS X 10.5.2 Released

YA= in _AE CS3}on my MBP layers keep disappearing and even whole comps in the the project window goes blank for some reason-

really nervous about this-

Also have a dual 8core coming into the shop on Tuesday with leopard and really really getting very very nervous about CS3 working with this setup-

maybe I just got a bad batch of software?

sounds like its a 50/50 split on those who have issues and those that do not.

Just as a warning:

Upgraded the MBP to leopard with all the usuall suspects ( cs3 suite , c4d ). Worked fine. Upgraded yesterday evening the MacPro.

I have a x1900 on a Quad 2.66 and thus experience grafics corruptions( thin lines in windows, disorted content in windows) and freezes.

Some googling brought to light that quite a few people have problems with the 1900 and some with other cards too.

You did update to AE 8.02, which is required for Leopard, right?

C4d and CS3 are ok here but I can't do anything when C4D is rendering !!

Even ichat and firefox are sloooow.

Have you realy updated to OS X 10.5.2? What you describe is a known scheduler problem of OS X 10.5.0 and 10.5.1. In 10.5.2 it was fixed.

Cheers

Björn

I was a little skeptical about time machine, but now I love it. I still use it in tandem with SuperDuper. That way I have perfect clones every month or so and time machine takes care of the little bits in between.

I used to use SuperDuper as well but now I only use Time Machine. A week or two ago my machine froze and random problems started popping up. Booted up to my firewire drive that has both an original Leopard partition and the Time Machine backups and was able to do a full system recovery from the previous day. Was surprisingly straight forward and works fine now.

Have you realy updated to OS X 10.5.2? What you describe is a known scheduler problem of OS X 10.5.0 and 10.5.1. In 10.5.2 it was fixed.

Cheers

Björn

I haven't! It will be one of the first things I do on Monday! Sweet.

-m

I used to use SuperDuper as well but now I only use Time Machine. A week or two ago my machine froze and random problems started popping up. Booted up to my firewire drive that has both an original Leopard partition and the Time Machine backups and was able to do a full system recovery from the previous day. Was surprisingly straight forward and works fine now.

Well do be careful... there have been some posts on the internet that claim Time Machine has some minor bugs still that cause certain files not to be updated. One such example was a particular kind of file replacement in the Applications directory. There's also no good way of erradicating corrupt or malicious files from the time machine archive once they have been copied.

-m

Guest Sao_Bento
Well do be careful... there have been some posts on the internet that claim Time Machine has some minor bugs still that cause certain files not to be updated. One such example was a particular kind of file replacement in the Applications directory. There's also no good way of erradicating corrupt or malicious files from the time machine archive once they have been copied.

-m

IMHO, Time Machine is not ready to be trusted with your critical data. I'd stick to CCC or something that's been around for awhile and has a proven track record. Don't be an early adopter like Rush Limbaugh.

Cheers

Björn

This is an ESSENTIAL update for anybody using C4D+OSX 10.5. Completely fixed.

-m