Sign in to follow this  
edrhine

C4D scene scale

Hey there I am having some problems with the size of my scene moving from C4D to AE. I am working on a scene with a character flying in a biplane and using CStools docucam moving along a spline to "track" the plane. When I bring the exported compositing file into AE, the camera moves HUGE distances (like 120,000 pixels in Z depth) The shot looks good, but when I am trying to composite 2d elements into it . . .. they pop in an off really fast due to the large camera move.

Does anyone know a way to change the scale of the overall scene . .. like in Max or Maya. Tried looking it up but no luck so far.

Thanks if anyone knows the answer

Hey there I am having some problems with the size of my scene moving from C4D to AE. I am working on a scene with a character flying in a biplane and using CStools docucam moving along a spline to "track" the plane. When I bring the exported compositing file into AE, the camera moves HUGE distances (like 120,000 pixels in Z depth) The shot looks good, but when I am trying to composite 2d elements into it . . .. they pop in an off really fast due to the large camera move.

Does anyone know a way to change the scale of the overall scene . .. like in Max or Maya. Tried looking it up but no luck so far.

Thanks if anyone knows the answer

Change the 'units' in the prefs. They default to meters. But i'm still not sure if that will make a difference when going to AE.

Did you try to parent everything (including camera, lights, null objects etc.) under one null object and size it down?

Thanks for the replies everyone . . . I am going to try the units idea later tonight. I have thought about parenting to a null and then scaling, but was looking for a different way if at all possible

Once again thanks for the help

I was wondering about something similar to this. How do I set up my workflow; so c4d, after effects and maya are all at the same scale? I am better at c4d than maya, but I can make particles in maya better than in c4d. So I was thinking opening my c4d scene in maya so I could add particle effects. Is this possible, ideally importing the render from c4d and the particle work from maya into after effects. Any tips?

Might want to double-check that your C4D output resolution matches your AE comp resolution.

I.E. if your C4D resolution is 640x360 and you are trying to copy paste your camera and null locators (from the imported Cinema 4D Composition, which is 640x360) into a 1280x720 AE comp it will not match up.