Sign in to follow this  
NicolasAlexander

New Motion from Van. Film School

I just finished working on a bridesmaid infographic for a motion graphic class at vancouver film school with 2 other design student. I realized with this piece that it's not about the subject you choose (we didnt choose in that case) but it's about the way you work and communicate with your teammates.

You can see the video at www.bridesmaidsguide.com and please feel free to go to our blog and comment ( the links are on the bridesmaids page)

bridesmaid_mograph.jpg

edit:march1st:added working link

Edited by NicolasAlexander

very nice work.

Curious . . .

Whats the mograph scene in Van now? Is it growing at all?

I know in the past, postings here indicated it was pretty weak, compared to most cities, and that VFX was still dominant.

I'm sure it still is, but was hoping it was growing some, esp. with the coursework I'm seeing from VFS.

I'm wondering, 'cause I was considering a move there, and while I can hang with some VFX work, I'd be psyched to continue working

in my mograph comfort zone.

Also was considering exploiting my MFA into a teaching gig there as well, possibly even helping my immigration status (points wise).

Don't know what the Canadian academic requirements are, but def. going to check it out, and VFS seems tight.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thx, and Trailer Park Boys rule.

very nice work.

Curious . . .

Whats the mograph scene in Van now? Is it growing at all?

I know in the past, postings here indicated it was pretty weak, compared to most cities, and that VFX was still dominant.

I'm sure it still is, but was hoping it was growing some, esp. with the coursework I'm seeing from VFS.

I'm wondering, 'cause I was considering a move there, and while I can hang with some VFX work, I'd be psyched to continue working

in my mograph comfort zone.

Also was considering exploiting my MFA into a teaching gig there as well, possibly even helping my immigration status (points wise).

Don't know what the Canadian academic requirements are, but def. going to check it out, and VFS seems tight.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thx, and Trailer Park Boys rule.

I would say that the motion graphic scene in Van. is still not as strong as web or VFX. However, more and more schools in vancouver are starting to offer a motion graphic / digital design programs.

If you want to make the move, I don't think its a bad Idea but expect to do web oriented motion more than tv/film.

Edited by NicolasAlexander

Guest spence

Yeah, theres quite a few schools in Vancouver now teaching motion design, but at the same time there's almost no jobs aside from doing lower 3rds and the odd animation for local TV, or doing interface animations for video games. If you want to get into the video game industry though it's probably one of the best cities in the world to do it.