Sign in to follow this  
laughingcolors

psyop now in LA

i think the only thing china is importing and not exporting is creative and design

couple of my friends have been doing mografh work for china. and i herd that thay

do lot of mograph out side of china.

you went to the wrong site.. the link goes a to a job forum

you might have something wrong on your end?

when i went to this site i was bombarded with popups and adware warnings.

Guest Sao_Bento
it's on the motionographer jobs page as well. this I found interesting: "Exciting positions (mayaflameaftereffectsmayaflameaftereffects)

at every level available NOW!" Do they use Maya exclusively now instead of a mix of XSI and Maya?

That happened quite awhile ago. There was an article about their production workflow and despite what the SoftImage marketing might have you think, they use all the tools out there, just like everyone else.

Who wants to work for them anyway now that they sold out.

Well, some people who like working in a collaborative, positive environment, on fun, creative, and challenging projects, with some of the top artists in their field, would like working there. Plus, there's free lunch on Mondays, a ping pong table, the occasional company-sponsored social event, and, of course, foosball.

Guest Sao_Bento

People who want to work on high profile projects.

People who might want to start their own company and look at it as a kind of school where you don't come out the other end owing them 70K.'

People who misunderstand it as an opportunity to work with the "Psychological Operations" division of the US military.

If you're doing any work for a client, guess what??

You sold out! ;)

exactly, that's why people who aren't doing any work can say such things...

i wonder if they are going to be sending a crew from NYC to be the starter team for L.A. I guess the west coast has to up it Softimage scene. Why do all the dope shops goto venice? what's wrong with long beach? the 10 and 405 are highways to hell! why not downtown?

who'd want to commute from hollywood or silverlake to long beach?

i wonder if they are going to be sending a crew from NYC to be the starter team for L.A. I guess the west coast has to up it Softimage scene. Why do all the dope shops goto venice? what's wrong with long beach? the 10 and 405 are highways to hell! why not downtown?

long beach is the new silverlake! i have a fixie and a mullet i also bump sensual seduction by snoop just to keep it real. i tired living in echo park but found it to gentrified. ese's speaking about who they want to win project runway it was crazy.

i want to work for psyop just for the record! in case anyone from psyop i reading this! lol

Edited by pixel_pimp

didnt they get half bought out by a corporate Saudi company. Im sure they are going to open some Saudi branch if the board of directors start thinking of profit. As a public trading company tey are required by law to make as much profit as possible.

Guest Sao_Bento
didnt they get half bought out by a corporate Saudi company. Im sure they are going to open some Saudi branch if the board of directors start thinking of profit. As a public trading company tey are required by law to make as much profit as possible.

Israeli company.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/945090.html

epic fail.

You can claim to be first on the Psyop hate train, if thats what you are tying to do, but I'll withhold potshots until A: I make even on piece that stands up to the quality of their work or B: Their work noticeably starts to suck.

Forecast for tomorrow: 3% chance of either happening.

just curious....

How do they have revenues of $20 million a year? Are they more like an agency & deal with big clients directly?

Is that how much the top companies make in this business?

That's revenues. But honestly I have no idea other than to say, why not? We have a few members here who could answer that question (alba, Chris Dooley, Laundry, Bran Dougherty Johnson, the Buck people).

First of all, let me say: I am not a stalker, I work really [really] close-by

It seems like they are up and running (at least somewhat). There is a sign in the window directing the deliveries to the rear of the building, and I saw some wall painting going on the other day too. Someone I work with told me that they were pretty sure their office has already been up and running for a little while now, but nobody knows for sure yet!

We were all discussing walking over to see if we could get some render-sports going on.