Sign in to follow this  
danmarker

MoGraph Chicago

26thfloor is completely right, a lot of work for companies like these comes in via networking relationships.

The web presence serves mainly as a reinforcement and a place to grab a new reel/news.

In terms of basecamp, I see nothing wrong with it. Its a good scheduling tool, syncs with calendars, and allows you to share files with clients. Sure, you can hire a programmer to make an extranet for you, but why waste the money.

don't forget the $9.99 all you can eat Lalo buffet ($6.95 on thursdays).

That might be a good idea.

Who's down for Lalo's on thursday?

hey guys, this looks like a great thread on chicago. it looks like i'll be moving out there from nyc. krpdesign and ebmiro you're both from nyc. was the transition tough? i've looked up a bunch of companies and it seems like there's a lot of editorial and mograph, how about compositing and 3d? ebmiro i think i worked with you on a project for Stardust, if you don't mind I'm going to send a pm.

mograph wiki link was great thanks for that!

I'll see if I can twist some arms over here and get a few more people to join us.

Maxwell St. Polish place is still around. you can smell it from 90/94. Of course it's totally surrounded by new condos, but it's there. :)

I'm thinking lunch on Thursday, that way we can hit up the 7 dollar buffet.

Oh...that reminds me, there is a party at my workplace on friday. PM me for the invite. :)

Edited by KGB

hey redvelvet, the transition wasn't that tough for me, but i wasn't looking for a rock-star mograph job. i ended up getting work with a big corporation, as a kind of jack-of-all-trades video guy. i like it. i work 9-5. i do my own stuff on the side at home. i see my lady. i see my friends. i get away from the computer and go shoot stuff. but i digress.....

there are a bunch of really great shops in town, and im sure some of them could use 3D work/compositing. ebmiro would probably be able to advise better on that, since thats more his thing.

$7 Buffet hell ya. Someone just needs to remind me on Thursday. I might try and get some other kats from Daily Planet to come out too.

Edited by Beerad

Cool deal, I think a couple others from LG might be able to swing it too. Anyone got the address for this place?

500 N. LaSalle.

Chicago, IL 60610

BAM!