Sign in to follow this  
adam_etypical

The Ultimate Creeper

Hello everyone,

I've been a mograph lurker for longer then I'd like to admit. So much that I feel like I know most of you guys already. Sorta creepy, haha.

I've srsly learned so much and gotten so much inspiration from this site and I thought it was about time to step out of the shadows and introduce myself.

I'm just about to graduate from film school- I actually consider myself a director more then a motion artist or graphic designer or anything (this is why I've never really posted before). I'm part of a directing partnership in San Francisco called etypical. We sorta do motion stuff on the side and often incorporate vfx and mograph into the stuff we do. So our work is sort of a split between live action and animation.

We just finished doing the vfx on our first 100% greenscreen music video, so I finally feel a little justified in making a post.

We've still got a ton to learn and would really appreciate some feedback on the project - maybe even our reel or other work too.

Music Video

Reel

Website

Thanks a lot guys!!

That is one of the most professional looking student music videos I have ever seen. Excellent work all around. I especially dig the illustrations and the view from backstage. Sick ass reel too. You are already on your way man - you'll be snagged up in no time.

Niiice work. Inspiring music video. The whole theme and spirit in the song was backed up in the video. Nicely and delicate done.

Edited by Dano

Nice stuff, but it says "2007" at the beginning of the reel.

Damn, you're right. I think we updated it in Dec of 07. Guess I should thought ahead and put 2008. Haha. Ill update it soon, thanks for catchin that.

Awesome stuff.

I'm sure I'll take a bunch of shit for this, but I liked your guys version of "The War" by angels and airwaves more than the Shilo one.

Jesus, thats quiet the compliment. Thanks! Shilo's version rocks though. Ours looks like a 30 teenagers running around on a beach with jock straps on their faces. :lol:

About the video:

Chromakeying is really clean, goood job. The graphic style is not my favorite but that´s estrictly personal taste, though I think a little bit of contrast, mostly on the real figures, won´t hurt.

I like a lot the camara shake in the van part, but maybe it´s too much "shaky" in the rest (looks more like a "in-a-ship fx" than like a "handy-cam fx") The final scene in the concert really gets into the rhythm and the close ups are just perfect.

Hope I´ve helped and my critics are not too annoying :) The truth is that´s the overall result is a real good job.

About the video:

Chromakeying is really clean, goood job. The graphic style is not my favorite but that´s estrictly personal taste, though I think a little bit of contrast, mostly on the real figures, won´t hurt.

I like a lot the camara shake in the van part, but maybe it´s too much "shaky" in the rest (looks more like a "in-a-ship fx" than like a "handy-cam fx") The final scene in the concert really gets into the rhythm and the close ups are just perfect.

Hope I´ve helped and my critics are not too annoying :) The truth is that´s the overall result is a real good job.

Hey J,

Thanks for the critics, I appreciate it.

The graphic style was based off the album artwork so we didn't really have much say in the design portion. :(

I TOTALLY agree with you on the color of the real figures- their coloring needs to be tweaked for sure- color correcting is definitely one of my weak points...

As for the shaky cam, that also wasn't up to us. The director wanted everything very loose and hand held so almost all the camera moves in this video are real- thats how we shot it on set, so everything is motion tracked to actual camera moves (which was sorta a bitch btw).

Thanks again for your feedback!

A