Sign in to follow this  
tcastudios

2 x SteadyGLIDE Basic tutorials

I'd always held out the hope that, being so smart, Lennart was at least ugly. Dammit, he's kind of a handsome devil.

Very a nice. Is that an AKG 414 you're using for the mic?

Thanks for watching , and for the confirmation of not being butt ugly, at least :)

But that must be in the eyes of the beholder, mustn't it?

I just got this new ScreenFlow capturing app

for Mac/Leopard that is really cool, so I just had to test it. It records the screen (in full res) and any

connected video/sound stuff. Add any extra media and the editing is very smart,

although no correction tools (limiter, color etc).

Chris, I started out with a bigmembran CAD (what you see in part one,in the hope of getting that big voice,

but well, either you got it, or not....) but for the second tut changed to a smallmembran Neuman,

given that the open design of the CAD is a little to picky about the wind from the AC nearby....

(harder to edit).

So, Neuman->SymetrixChannelStrip(Expander/Compr)->TC M3000(EQ/Comp/Limiter.)

And the whole lot into the little line in of the BookPro. So I needed no postwork

for the voice really(other than cutting a cough and some chairrolling).

Cheers

Lennart

Hi Steven, most likely not. The idea to have v2 run without a license was first

and foremost, to have v3 users that went R10 at the time have as little problems

as possible (new serials etc).

Secondly that maybe by offering it for free for about a year, there would be a slight

chance that going v3 would be a possible path after trying out v2 for a while.

Cheers

Lennart

Is that a SteadyCamPro 3.5 I see there?

mmm...

the_Monkey wants.

SteadyCamPro is one of the few plugins I would recommend to EVERY C4D animator. Not only does it cost a fraction of the time it's saved me, but it's also allowed me to find and tune very tricky shots that would have been virtually impossible without it.

I have no idea what Lennart could have done to ".5" it up. I've been sending him user-feedback for nearly a year now. Every time I feel like I have an awesome suggestion, it's already featured in the plugin and I just didn't know it. The program is a little deep at first and somewhat imposing with all those damn sliders, but sooner or later you'll be glad that each one is there. These tutorials are a great idea Lennart. Hopefully they'll get people up to speed a little faster.

I'd been holding out for quite a while hoping that MAXON would extend the functionality of their cameras, but now I don't think there's anything they could really do to catch up with Lennart short of copying his work or buying him out.

-m

-m, you are most kind.

Well, something is bound to happen after v3, but only after I've run it in production

for a good while. Basically I'm running bastard versions that over time will prove them

self worthy. I'm in full production for a couple of months to come, so there would most

likely not be any surprises for a while thou.

As for the complexity, it sort of have to be somewhat but the basic idea for the suit is very

simplistic: Place a Camera and have it look at something, after that most options should

come as natural as possible within a typical workflow.

It does suit quite a few better than others but it does work:)

Again thanks for your kind words.

Cheers

Lennart