Sign in to follow this  
nextexit

Too Much Too Soon Free Plugins for Final Cut Pro

I found these free Final Cut scripts the other day which helped me clean up some very noisy HVX200 footage:

Give them a whirl

By the way, does anyone have any good green screen settings for the HVX200...all I'm getting is noise, noise, noise and a bit more noise mixed in there with the other noise.

Cher M

I found these free Final Cut scripts the other day which helped me clean up some very noisy HVX200 footage:

Give them a whirl

By the way, does anyone have any good green screen settings for the HVX200...all I'm getting is noise, noise, noise and a bit more noise mixed in there with the other noise.

Cher M

I don't know the particular camera but it sounds like your subject is under-lit if you are getting that much noise, less than perfect lighting is a severe weakness of digital,

I don't know the particular camera but it sounds like your subject is under-lit if you are getting that much noise, less than perfect lighting is a severe weakness of digital,

Thanks for replying, yeah I know about the low light issue, but the screen was lit with an insane amount of light, the model nearly passed out from the heat. Despite this there was still an unacceptable amount of noise. This particular camera is notorious for struggling in low light and producing noise but this wasn't a low light situation.....I think it was just a case of my scene settings being wrong.

Here's the camera in question: panasonic wiki

Edited by nextexit

Thanks for replying, yeah I know about the low light issue, but the screen was lit with an insane amount of light, the model nearly passed out from the heat. Despite this there was still an unacceptable amount of noise. This particular camera is notorious for struggling in low light and producing noise but this wasn't a low light situation.....I think it was just a case of my scene settings being wrong.

Here's the camera in question: panasonic wiki

Rusty Ace,

I've recently been baptized by fire with the HVX 200 and came across some of the same noise issues. You're right, the camera scene settings do make a difference. Was it shot at 720p? Also, did you have to do any transcoding to get your footage into AE or did you do it all in FCP. I found that after I transcoded my p2 footage, the compression put some ugly noise in the video, hence the ugly key. If you can, import the MXF media straight into After Effects or Premiere (I believe the latest update of CS3 allows this type of lossless import.)

Keylight can do some pretty nice clean up work on under exposed digital footage. However, I found that Digital Film Tools Zmatte is a little bet better for cleaning up rough keys. Good luck!