Sign in to follow this  
JgarciaS

Please Critic my Online-Reel

Hello, I´m preparing my online-reel for a future jobs search, and I´d like to recieve honest critics (to any aspect), to know how my work looks "from the outside".

www.juangarciasegura.com

And please, feel free to compare me with others, if needed. Thanks a lot ¡¡

First thing that pops into my head: try to make a very clear that you see a vinyl record at the beginning and in the end.

I'm missing the pin of the recordplayer, the head touching the record...

Hello, I´m preparing my online-reel for a future jobs search, and I´d like to recieve honest critics (to any aspect), to know how my work looks "from the outside".

www.juangarciasegura.com

And please, feel free to compare me with others, if needed. Thanks a lot ¡¡

Very good reel! you have great and varied works, great animation, nice smooth editing and music choice

I agree the only weak spot is the ending with the record, the idea is nice but I would improve it, some glossines to the vynil, a better font for DEMOREEL 2008 (looks like Impact or some standard windows font) In general stay away from windows fonts, I've seen some dangerous courier, avant garde and some other windows fonts along the reel, it's better to not even use them imo

Felicitaciones amigo y suerte!

Very good reel! you have great and varied works, great animation, nice smooth editing and music choice

I agree the only weak spot is the ending with the record, the idea is nice but I would improve it, some glossines to the vynil, a better font for DEMOREEL 2008 (looks like Impact or some standard windows font) In general stay away from windows fonts, I've seen some dangerous courier, avant garde and some other windows fonts along the reel, it's better to not even use them imo

Felicitaciones amigo y suerte!

Thanks a lot for your comments, and I agree with you, improve my typography skills won´t hurt at all ;) By the way I´m glad you like the music and the pace of the reel, I´ve had my doubts.

Again, thanks for your useful critics&hints.

i would just eliminate the record spinning thing at the beginning and end - it seems to take away from the reel if anything. It's not nearly as strong as the work that's actually in your reel.

Guest Landjugend

i really like the idea of the record-player at the beginning and at the end !

you have a lot of nice, different kinds of works, that´s cool! but i would reduce the

parts that you show to the works that you really like the most ...

that way it´s easier to get a clear vision of your artistic-personality.

but thats only my opinion!