Sign in to follow this  
Motus

Student Reel, please critique

My name is Ryan Duggan and I have been a long time fan of mograph.

This is my first post and I am a little nervous.

I am currently looking for work in the NYC area, but am living in Wilmington N.C.

I don't have my own website up yet but am showcasing my digital portfolio on the

Behance network.

you can see my illustration and motion work at:

http://www.behance.net/motus

Thank you so much for the feedback.

My name is Ryan Duggan and I have been a long time fan of mograph.

This is my first post and I am a little nervous.

I am currently looking for work in the NYC area, but am living in Wilmington N.C.

I don't have my own website up yet but am showcasing my digital portfolio on the

Behance network.

you can see my illustration and motion work at:

http://www.behance.net/motus

Thank you so much for the feedback.

Hey Motus,

Nice Illustration and reel. Well done!!

I like the animation.

Wonderful pace and editing, and fresh ideas. Maybe I see to many too flat backgrounds that gives me a bad impression of emptyness. I really like the Drew Tyler thing, yes, the editing and the girl ;) Good job and good luck amigo!!

Thank you guys for your feedback. It means alot.

It's true I do need more dynamic backgrounds. Don't know what the

Drew Tyler reference means but the girl is my Ex. I'll tell her you like her.

i liked the two things in the middle of the trees growing followed by the thing with the type of "saw." Besides that it seemed to similar all around and the song at the end just cuts off, im not to much of a fan of that, also at the end, the text "the end" i would totally take that out and put in your contact information. similar to what you had in the intro. Hopefully this stuff helps you out.

i liked the two things in the middle of the trees growing followed by the thing with the type of "saw." Besides that it seemed to similar all around and the song at the end just cuts off, im not to much of a fan of that, also at the end, the text "the end" i would totally take that out and put in your contact information. similar to what you had in the intro. Hopefully this stuff helps you out.

thank you very much for the feedback. I agree the ending needs to change. I need to get a copy of a 3d program so I can branch out a bit.

Thanks again.

Ok, Motus. The illustrations and designs are good. Your concepts are strong, but the animation is too rough. I'm surprised no one said anything, which is why I'm posting. I'd work on smoothing things out, do a little squash and stretch, some recoil.

It's also too long. Almost 2 minutes is way too long for someone out of college. Try to trim it up.

I think once you smooth out the animations, cut the reel down, you'll be set. Being conceptual goes a long way.

Ok, Motus. The illustrations and designs are good. Your concepts are strong, but the animation is too rough. I'm surprised no one said anything, which is why I'm posting. I'd work on smoothing things out, do a little squash and stretch, some recoil.

It's also too long. Almost 2 minutes is way too long for someone out of college. Try to trim it up.

I think once you smooth out the animations, cut the reel down, you'll be set. Being conceptual goes a long way.

thanks for the feedback. My animations are a little rough, I can't seem to smooth out my moves, and haven't figured out recoil. Do you know any tutorials online that might help me take my animations to the next level. Thanks again, I appreciate it.