Sign in to follow this  
Suttles

New Website/New Work Posted

I don´t know the older but this one looks really nice: well organized, clean, fast... yes, really neat. Your work is not bad neither.

Just to tease a little bit, the menu is too far from the content of the page, I guess I´d prefer it under the big dark square. And the play controls stays too long on screen after you release the raton... and it´s stays over your graphics work ;)

Nice work, I´d love to be able to make something like this for my own page. Buen trabajo.

Guest Sao_Bento

You should be able to click the images on the home page to see the videos. "More" doesn't make it clear that you're going to see the video. In most cases, clicking on "more" in a blog style page, means more reading - people just want to see the video first–then, if they're really interested, they might want to read more about it.

It's clear from your work that you're a solid animator. However, I would suggest taking less inspiration from other recently produced design work. That road only leads to professional mediocrity.

An example:

2vd4kg0.jpg

You're veering way too close stylistically in your bush hog intro to the vega/gault cmt package. Maybe producers won't mind the similarity maybe they will... but the real issue is how much you value your own creativity and your own artistic 'spark' as it were. If you do fancy yourself something of an artist, as some of us (perhaps misguidedly) do, I'd suggest dipping deeper in the well of history in search of inspiration.

I don't mean to be an asshole, I just want you to realize what popped in my head the instant i saw that bush hog piece. Good luck with the work and everything else.

A lot of stuff has already been done before in some way shape or form. Just take your inspiration and make it your own (which you're doing). Just because a concept has been explored before, it doesn't mean that you're not allowed to do your own spin of it. Otherwise we'd have only 1 rap song or only 1 rock song. People are always taking previous ideas and making it their own or evolving existing styles. So the whole comparison thing that mete_shop just did... well, valid as it may be, he's just saying "you made another rap song. It's been done before". I say, true... so what. You made it your own! I think mete_shop does not feel that you've changed it up enough. I think you did. But that is subjective.

Still though.... mete_shop is right to say dig deeper. He's just encouraging you to keep exploring your inspiration sources to create a product that is as more unique to you as possible.

Its hard to do something truly original these days because chances are it can be traced back to some sort of concept or idea that has already been done in the past.

Make love not war. :-)

BTW - I like your site and how quickly it loads too btw. Personally, i'm not a fan of the blog sites, but I'm seeing more and more of them these days so it's probably just because I'm getting older and I can't keep up with you crazy kids.