Sign in to follow this  
rotoman

Animated Arrows in Maya

yeah.. something to contribute myself..

I used a different techniques for similar effects.

I ve made 2 cv curves with offset (ribbon skeleton). Then i bridged it twice with 2 point lines. I connectected 4 clusters to 2 of those lines ---> each for each vertex and then animated those clusters along the curves of the ribbon. For surface betveen those curves i used birail i think.

The thinh is that you cannot apply vertex to mothion path, but if you conect it with a cluster, you can make animation of attached vertex on a cluster along motion path. That was 1 way I ve done it.

I remember another way I ve done a long time ago. Its not so useful, but you can do other different stuff with it. I extruded circle along the path, so I got nurb tube. I textured it with ramp and animated those ramp sliders. Becouse of UV cordinated nurbs texture space it was easy to make an illusion of tube traveling through space. Ofcourse you must utilize the same animated ramp to transparency too.

Ehh, I remembered one more. I made a straight poligonal ribbon, texture it, and connect it to lattice cage, and then connect this lattice cage to motion path. This was actualy neat one.

I ve never seen this option (Flow Path Objects option)... Must have been added in some version after 7. Thanks pal.. This tip ROCKS !!!

Eh? I used Maya between 2001 - 2005 and it had Flow Path that whole time. It's one of the basic parts of the software.

It's been there since at least version 3.5 (the first Mac OS X version). But, better late than never!

just seen ur blob tutorial.. its nice , i applied CCglass on it and it look awesome with a little glow