Sign in to follow this  
theta

Mograph in the ATL

Yeah there used to be a bunch of Atlanteans here, but they have mostly moved to LA or NYC (is there a lot of mograph work there or something? *shrug*) There are also a bunch of lurkers and folks that used to be active that don't really post any more.

Anyway, I'm in Atlanta. Plan on staying for quite some time :) Where have you been working?

Ok next question is, when are we getting together for drinks?

anytime!!!....well...wait...there is work to do....ah...crap....now that I have a job we need to schedule this...but yeah...I can't really suggest anywhere because I barely know how to get to work without getting lost.

Anyway, I'm in Atlanta. Plan on staying for quite some time :) Where have you been working?

I've been working at Cinema Concepts. Our main clients are movie theatres. So we do a lot of pre-show content, film-outs, up-rezing of spots for the theatres to play them. Stuff like that.

Where do the rest of you guys work? I'm curious as to what the freelance scene is like too.

Edited by theta

I interviewed there when I first moved here and was looking for a job - they weren't looking to hire at the time though (and I don't think my reel was really raising any eyebrows at the time either haha). I remember they were pretty heavy with autodesk software, and had some sweet film transfer hardware. When did you start there? Interested in a meetup of some sort?

theta, jean, 2D and Andy, are you in too? come on! ....you know you want to talk about after effects for at least an hour ....hehehehe... I will even tell you my secret about doing average work and getting away with it....hahaha

I'm not really a professional like you guys. I just graduated from Portfolio Center as a designer. But I would still love come hang out and shoot the shit a litttle bit. Thursday at hand in hand works for me.

When did you start there? Interested in a meetup of some sort?

ohh that's cool you interviewed here. Yeah they've always been a 3ds max house, for 3d software & combustion for comping. But I'm using AE here now :) I started here in the beginning of 2005. Yeah I'd like to come hang out with ya guys. But I'm leaving out of town tomorrow morning, and won't be back for 2 weeks. Maybe if you guys decide to meet up again in the future, let me know and I'll definetely stop by.

There's also an Atlanta Motion Graphics facebook group (soon to be renamed "Motion Graphics Atlanta" to avoid confusion with a certain other group in this town *cough* depending on if the Facebook folks will let me change the name).

I don't know why the facebook group exists other than to say that we're in Atlanta and we do motion graphics, but I made it a while back, and now it's being used to spread the word about Thurs night, so join if you're so inclined. Future meets and Atlanta events will probably get a note here.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6316077134