Sign in to follow this  
theta

Mograph in the ATL

so hows the atlanta market for freelance/staff work? My contract is up in LA this friday, moving back home at the end of august, bout 3 hours from atlanta, planning on updating my site, no boards there right now, but going to get about 5 sets of new boards and animate 2-3 of them..and then officially hit the job line again.. just kinda curious how atlanta is for the mograph industry.. been doing some searches on mographwiki and found about 10 companies that show up, so if anyone has any info, that would be much appreciated..hopefully if you guys need a newb at the modrinkathon, i think i could make it sometime. ha ha.

best

livid

so hows the atlanta market for freelance/staff work? My contract is up in LA this friday, moving back home at the end of august, bout 3 hours from atlanta, planning on updating my site, no boards there right now, but going to get about 5 sets of new boards and animate 2-3 of them..and then officially hit the job line again.. just kinda curious how atlanta is for the mograph industry.. been doing some searches on mographwiki and found about 10 companies that show up, so if anyone has any info, that would be much appreciated..hopefully if you guys need a newb at the modrinkathon, i think i could make it sometime. ha ha.

best

livid

hey!....I just moved here....so I don't know.....but apparently not a lot of people really know how is ATL.....everybody agrees that this is no NY or LA.... but I'm not so sure anymore if that is good or bad.....maybe someone else can say more...by the way I am staff.... I have been trying to understand if freelance is even worth it.... I dunno...then again I have family so having a staff job is pretty safe.

hey!....I just moved here....so I don't know.....but apparently not a lot of people really know how is ATL.....everybody agrees that this is no NY or LA.... but I'm not so sure anymore if that is good or bad.....maybe someone else can say more...by the way I am staff.... I have been trying to understand if freelance is even worth it.... I dunno...then again I have family so having a staff job is pretty safe.

honestly, im really looking for a staff position more than anything else, not really big on moving around alot. ha. stability means alot to me at this point, got some c4d experience, ae, ai, ps. getting on all new work at home in tennessee for a couple months, then see where it takes me. got some great experience at a studio here in la for a couple months, so just wanna step it up as quickly as possible and hopefully jump into a studio in atlanta, charlotte or columbus...if at all possible. dont get me wrong, i love la, great place, but just havent seen my family in the last couple years, plus didnt want to rock freelance here in la and thought it might be an interesting change of pace to check out one of the above cities....but i guess we all make sacrifices.

Hi Atl peeps. I just joined this forum. I am really glad to find a place to connect with other motion graphic designers in the Atlanta area (and beyond too). I also do web, print, and video projection design. Anyways, it is good to meet you.