Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

AE6 has arrived

Guest firemind

Well, could only look at it quickly. The new text engine is a lot better. And as for blending modes with OGL, Adobe cheated there ;)

As soon as you move anything the blending mode layer turns to a normal layer. Combustion might be limited by two blending modes in OGL mode, at least they work all the time ;-)

Guest Kone

Not a whole lot of problems moving plug-ins over so far. Some plugs bitch but still work. So a bit relieved here. Anyone have any negative things so far?

So, we're back in 2003 eh? I think I prefer Commotion to Combustion. I may still be messing with Electric Image along side the new Maya for OSX. Still dabble with Carrera some. And I heard deerheads are super hot right now. I'm excited about playing with software called Cinema 4D 2 years from now and dropping Maya.

I don't know anything about that weird After Effects program (I mean you open the program and one tiny window pops up in the upper left corner of the screen. What the heck do you do after that?!!), but what I'm really excited about is FCP 4 and the new Powermac G5. Did you hear that Walter Murch is cutting his next film on FCP? Apple is dominating the professional software world!!! I don't see how they could ever screw that up.

Hey guys. I'm wondering if you can help me. I'm really into graffiti and am trying to make my logo look cool. Is there a plugin that makes spray can splatter? My logo has a deer antlers and I want them to drip. What's the trick? HALPPPP!!!

AE? That'll never be anything but cheap effects…

Last year , for the 2002 Core Galore Horror film Festival here

in my hometown I used the -real- thing: Bryce3D, fantastic!

Photomatching the main buildings close to the cinema and

it was only 20 minutes per frame at full 720 resolution.

Only possible thanks to my hot Dual450 G4.

You can -see- the render as it works in front of your eyes!

Some fantastic FCP effects put in by one of the festival members.

I've heard something about a "hot" 3D app they call "Cinema something".

by Germans (!?). I might check it out later but I doubt it could ever beat this:

GoreGalore

(Warning! Big file 17MB, make sure you have a fast internet connection! Warning!)

Cheers

Lennart

Edited by tcastudios

GREETINGS FROM THE FUTURE! EVERYONE IS USING AFTER EFFECTS VERSION "CS6", APPLE HAS MOSTLY EXITED THE PRO MARKET AND INSTEAD IS KNOWN FOR THEIR CELLPHONES, THE PRESIDENT IS BLACK, AND MOST MOVIES ARE IN STEREO 3D THAT PEOPLE WEAR GLASSES IN THE THEATER TO SEE.