Sign in to follow this  
Albert Omoss

Art of the Title

Guest Sao_Bento

That's much nicer than the previous attempts to do this kind of thing - actual high quality video - who would have thought?

I see that some of them (like Catch Me If You Can, and Incon. Truth) are pretty large QuickTimes. They look like they were recorded off of TV, but still, they're a bajillion times better than 320X240 YouTube.

Thanks for posting this Albert as it's actually my site!

I have a good line up of content waiting in the wings, but am also seeking folks who'd like their work highlighted. Quality is the key, and hopefully the blog is delivering.

I continue to make formating improvements - contact sheet image, lightwindow script to view the QuickTime files - but welcome suggestions from anyone here.

Please feel free to email me at: info@artofthetitle.com

Edited by Albo

Thanks for posting this Albert as it's actually my site!

I have a good line up of content waiting in the wings, but am also seeking folks who'd like their work highlighted. Quality is the key, and hopefully the blog is delivering.

I continue to make formating improvements - contact sheet image, lightwindow script to view the QuickTime files - but welcome suggestions from anyone here.

Please feel free to email me at: info@artofthetitle.com

One thing I noticed...it would be nice to be able to scrub through the quicktimes. Right now you cant scrub through it, just gotta watch from start to end.

Just my opinion anywyas, or maybe my computer is just screwed up...

Jim

One thing I noticed...it would be nice to be able to scrub through the quicktimes. Right now you cant scrub through it, just gotta watch from start to end.

Just my opinion anywyas, or maybe my computer is just screwed up...

Works fine for me, so it could be your QuickTime plug-in install. What happens if you use the playhead to scrub?

Edited by Albo

Thanks for the site Albo, it's very inspiring!

the quicktime problem is with vista x64 and windows xp 64, there is a bug that makes the scrub bar disappear in the web browser. At least that happened to me every time I did the install in these OSes.

Apple doesn't seem to mind

the quicktime problem is with vista x64 and windows xp 64, there is a bug that makes the scrub bar disappear in the web browser. At least that happened to me every time I did the install in these OSes.

That's good to know, thank you. Glad you're enjoying the site.

Albo

Thanks! It's been a lot of fun to build a house and finish it yourself. The blog has fallen a little behind - I'm too distracted by Art of the Title - but I'm hoping to update soon.

Guest Sao_Bento
I love Art of the Title, but the house blog in your sig was new to me...and I just spent the last hour browsing through it, utterly entranced. Awesome stuff. You have a beautiful home.

Agreed. Very nice stuff there.

I love Art of the Title, but the house blog in your sig was new to me...and I just spent the last hour browsing through it, utterly entranced. Awesome stuff. You have a beautiful home.

Same here. I think the Dog Cubby is my favorite.

We launched our new site design today and feedback is welcome.

We're also featuring "Sita Sings the Blues," an amazing animated film from Nina Paley that's currently in copyright lockdown. A release is imminent though!

sita_sings_the_blues_contact.jpg

A quick update with our latest on the "United States of Tara" titles + interview with title director Jamie Caliri (of Lemony Snicket fame.)

united_states_of_tara_contact.jpg

The previous week was the amazing "Tekkonkinkreet."

tekkonkinkreet_contact.jpg

Two great sites.

I love title sequences (often more than the films they preclude) and I stumbled into AOTT awhile ago and was decidedly distracted FOREVER. I also loved you ecohome blog although it would be cool to get some categories going :)

Thanks for sharing.

-gl

Really love it, keep it up! I have one question. So recently everyone has been really impressed with The Watchmen titles. Would you get a take down notice if you posted that? I know Motionographer did, but in your case it's considered fair use right? I'm just wondering how that works is all.

So recently everyone has been really impressed with The Watchmen titles. Would you get a take down notice if you posted that?

We plan on featuring it but would like to be able to interview both Yu+Co and Zack Snyder about the sequence.

In my mind "fair use" should cover how and what we post on Art of the Title, but others may disagree. My gut feeling is, if we did cover it now, WB would ask us to take it down.