Sign in to follow this  
pamunoz

Vector Art Websites

Why? Your stuff rocks! But you need to jump on the MS Paint bandwagon, hook us up wish some MSpaint flourishes.

BTW I just bought a whole whack load of stuff from your site and I think it's incredible value. +10! :-)

Edited by pamunoz

Guest Sao_Bento
I need to find some good tutorials on MS Paint, it's a deep program. But that's where the industry is going these days...

599971209141186.jpg

IT HAS BEGUN!

That's funny dude! I'm on a Mac - does that mean i'm gonna get left behind the MSPaint revolution?

*Goes to install Vista and boot up MSPaint...

Wait a sec - did you obtain that image from Microsoft's designers?

LOL...realizing that the regulars here make up a good bit of industry professionals...has anyone ever brought up the idea of faking a new trend?

All agreeing on something, and everyone pushing it, and watching people that do not know about it, copy, and snowball it into the next Shine!?!?!?!?!?

Guest Sao_Bento
LOL...realizing that the regulars here make up a good bit of industry professionals...has anyone ever brought up the idea of faking a new trend?

All agreeing on something, and everyone pushing it, and watching people that do not know about it, copy, and snowball it into the next Shine!?!?!?!?!?

We haven't done that (although it's intriguing). We did discuss a way to have a uniform signal that meant that you were not happy with the way a project turned out - like say the client or producer makes some horrible choice or demands you copy something directly from existing work, etc. there would be a subtle "Alan Smithee" signal.

@ work we just used the shine or light sweep, whenever we tried something awesome and people found something to criticsize on it we just slapped shine and lightsweep and clients always fell in love with it (?)

@ work we just used the shine or light sweep, whenever we tried something awesome and people found something to criticsize on it we just slapped shine and lightsweep and clients always fell in love with it (?)

lol...same thing happens where I work. They usually say I've "taken it to the next level" with a knowing smile.

I know people are always looking for high quality maps they can use for various shots... the typical problem is that most are unuseable for commercial work because of licensing issues.

I ran across this site a few years ago and have been using their maps in various projects for some time...

http://digital-vector-maps.com/

Their AI files, so they an be resized without losing quality.