Sign in to follow this  
lumaform

External 1TB Hitachi Hard Drive Deal

In-store only? I'm not seeing it online. 750gb Hitachi external for $279 is closest I see.

Yes, in-store only! It's an amazing deal. But not all stores may have it. Just got to find it by going to multiple locations I guess.

Also, it's confirmed that one can remove the hard drive off of its enclosure to use it inside a computer case, which I'll be doing.

Local store says sold out everywhere.

That price is a pretty big hint that this model (which I posted about this week) is on the way out.

Yes, but is it USB 2 only? That makes it less than ideal for motion/video work (for the price, though, you could get rid of the enclosure and use it as internal :)

Please note that last week I saw that many Best Buys have a 750 GB WD with eSATA/FW800/USB2 for about $160. An amazing deal for a triple interface disk.

Yes, but is it USB 2 only? That makes it less than ideal for motion/video work (for the price, though, you could get rid of the enclosure and use it as internal :)

Please note that last week I saw that many Best Buys have a 750 GB WD with eSATA/FW800/USB2 for about $160. An amazing deal for a triple interface disk.

I agree, having the sole USB2 interface isn't ideal for motion/video work as an external hard drive. But you can always remove the actual hard drive and use it inside your case. Afterall, this (confirmed) is the actual hard drive they have inside the enclosure.

That price is a pretty big hint that this model (which I posted about this week) is on the way out.

Yes, Hitachi might be getting ready to introduce a newer version of the 1TB hard drive.

Local store says sold out everywhere.

That's true.

It's still a good price for a new product (or is it refurbished?). I would totally jump on this sale if they had it at the Canadian Best Buy. Every now and then Best Buy has these crazy HDD sales out of nowhere. I've bought many HDD's from Best Buy over the years.