Sign in to follow this  
igorschmigor

Where is firemind?

i seem to remember a post saying that he was getting really busy and would not be able to be around much and would leave things in the capable hands of the moderators, this was quite a while ago though

Hee hee, Firemind is a mystery even now. :D He started this board as just a linkdump. But with the mograph domain, and all the people needing something to graduate to after the Cow, all of a sudden there were a thousand people here. I think it surprised him. The timing coincided with the huge bust-out of great design that happened in 2003, and there was noplace to talk about what was going on. If you posted about MK12 on the Cow, you got a lot of 'wow, cool, how do I do that?' but the Cow's format and all the noobie noise about 'how do I auto-orient in AE?' made it impossible to go into depth. So the upshot of this ramble is that I think this place grew to something he didn't anticipate, plus he has other interests.

MMM govinda- your still my hero- MMMM larb.

Actually I still sense Firemind still snifing out new work and reels every now and then but I think all the new influx of people from Mooo scared him off. plus I heard that the new mod is just tits up.{ doing a hellova job}

I know that since starting my own little edit shop here in Hawaii- I have not checked in much but.. when I do.. sigh. I miss fireminds mindful banter.

maybe the great mograph crash of 01-02 scared him for life? I barely made it out of there with my standings still intact.

One of the sweetest fatures of Thai Town, Los Angeles, is the way the waitresses say that word 'larb.' It sounds like LAAAB! You want LAAB! Okay I get you LAAB! One order of LAAB to go! God bless our Thai waitresses, especially Kat at Thai Patio, the babe of all Bangkok.

You know you're missing the Sanaumlaung, Thief, even if you were the only verifiable male sitting at that place at any given 3am. I didn't know until I'd lived here for a few years that that place was really the Alternative Lifestyle Noodle House.