Sign in to follow this  
lemar

Beauty Retouching

When the government puts chips in our heads, I hope there is some sort of smart blur process included in it. This might help me come to grips with the busted chicks in Willis, Texas.

I thought that's what beer was there for.

I wonder why some of the artists don't have a "before" image, maybe they don't want us to see that...

I think they retouch too much when there's really no need, instead of doing face touch up why don't they invest that time and energy into making more creative videos than just showing the artist singing close to the camera...

why don't they invest that time and energy into making more creative videos than just showing the artist singing close to the camera...

A director puts in a treatment and a bid to the label to shoot the video. The artist, their label reps, and a million other people have their say in which director is picked and how a video will be produced. If you have a big name star, you know for damn sure, the label (and the artist) is going to want their performance/sexy/beauty shots. Shit that's ALL the Mariah Carey ever wants. You can propose in your treatment to NOT show their multi-million dollar artist in pretty kino-flow lit CUs and watch how they pick the other guy in the bid mix.

VFX is hard. I spent 3 days trying to track type onto a marquee sign. Making things look real vs. making things look stylized takes patience. I used MochaAE but it lost the track towards the end as the sign left the scene. I also had to paint out the name of theater. You would think Adobe would keep improving tools like corner pin and tracking to stay in the VFX game competitive.

In Silhouette's paint module there's a blemish brush. It works pretty well for removing blemishes on footage. It's basically a mix between a blur and a grain tool that does a good job of averaging the pixels together.